The Reward Of My Small-Time Firewood Selling Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a saw thread that has not ended in "you need at least an 880 with a 36" bar" in 2 pages! What's going on??

My first new saw was this year too quads. It took me awhile to get used to not having to restart it every time I set it down. Just make sure not to cut up that camera of yours! I enjoy the pics too much. Congrats

lowroadacres said:
Quads,

Great photo and like you I have never had the opportunity to break in a new saw as I have only ever had used saws.

Right now I am the owner of a Husky 267 which runs beautifully. The previous owner used it only as a tree trimmer and to a bit of wood for a fireplace. He never heated with wood or did any heavy work with it so I have had the opportunity to give it a workout.

The 026 sitting on my work bench became the victim of a combination of my not knowing to not use fuel with ethanol in it and using fuel that had sat too long. The scoring is visible when you take off the muffler.

I am keeping it around for now until I finally rebuild it or give up on it based on the cost of a rebuild.

I used to have a sachs dolmar as well but it gave up the ghost due in large measure because it was tired when I got it for very cheap.

Someday I would like to try a very large brand-new saw.

Congratulations.
Thanks! And enjoy your Husky! Sounds like a great saw.

I've never owned a Husky before, but did consider it a couple times. I have all the spare parts for Stihl, so stuck with that. Plus, the local Stihl dealer is a friendly guy and has always been good to me. The only places around here that carry the Husky saws are Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply etc. I was a little leery of what kind of help I might get from them if I needed it.

’bert said:
Wow a saw thread that has not ended in "you need at least an 880 with a 36" bar" in 2 pages! What's going on??

My first new saw was this year too quads. It took me awhile to get used to not having to restart it every time I set it down. Just make sure not to cut up that camera of yours! I enjoy the pics too much. Congrats
Ha ha! Maybe everybody knows me enough by now; I'm hard-headed and not easily swayed. Wouldn't matter anyway, my trailer isn't big enough to carry a saw like that thing! I'd have to make two trips, one for the wood and another to haul the saw home...

Status
Not open for further replies.