The Stihl 362 starts very hard.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it running good now?

Yeah, there is one heck of a difference between starting my 261 and 660. Pull speed is the same (i.e., fast), but the strength needed to pull the 660 is a lot more than the 261, and forget pulling the 660 at that speed without using the decomp. I never use the decomp on the 261, but would blow my elbow out if I did not use it on the 660. Try hard, quick pulls on the 362 with the decomp on and then off. Then, if you have no luck sell the saw, preferably to me. lol If you were around the corner, I would actually try to lend you a hand.

Somewhat weird that the dealer can get it to start but you cannot.

I just redid the top end on my ms460. It will definitely remind you now if you forget the decomp.:eek:
My 250 on the other hand, you can definitely get a good fast pull on that.

I just redid the top end on my ms460. It will definitely remind you now if you forget the decomp.

Heh. I'm currently assembling an 044, and I set the squish to .022" with a new piston and rings. It doesn't even have a decomp. I'm a little afraid.

Heh. I'm currently assembling an 044, and I set the squish to .022" with a new piston and rings. It doesn't even have a decomp. I'm a little afraid.
Should be ok. It's not impossible. That compression stroke though.... Probably doesn't help that I set the squish around .018.

I have an 026 with similarly high compression. A quick, snappy, committed pull starts it pretty easily, but it doesn't go so well if I'm the least bit hesitant or halfhearted.

Yes used it for a couple hours. started fine every time, better than when new.

That's awesome. As someone that works on things for a living, Intermittent problems suck. I've lost some good customers with things like this. Not saying your dealers good or bad, just saying.

Yeah I get the not easy to diagnose part I just don't like the paying the shop fee. It would be different if it truly was operator error.

Status
Not open for further replies.