The stove won't stay lit. Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll check the baffle plates when it cools down some more. Do you have any idea what the washer could be from?

Looks like it was for one of the bolts that held the stove to the shipping skid.

Ok gentlemen....

I think I may have fixed it!!! I went in for my last attempt and cleaned the stove out again. I vacuumed it all and checked the baffle plates. I'm thinking it was the baffle plates since there was some ash behind it. The stove has been feeding pellets on a consistent basis for longer than the last 24 hours.

Thank you ALL for helping me!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

Reactions: The Ds
Ok gentlemen....

I think I may have fixed it!!! I went in for my last attempt and cleaned the stove out again. I vacuumed it all and checked the baffle plates. I'm thinking it was the baffle plates since there was some ash behind it. The stove has been feeding pellets on a consistent basis for longer than the last 24 hours.

Thank you ALL for helping me!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

24 hours?

Glad it's working for you now!! Those plates need removed and cleaned (as well as cleaning behind them) when doing a deeper cleaning. Care must be taken to seat them properly when replacing them. They can be tricky :)

Glad it's working for you now!! Those plates need removed and cleaned (as well as cleaning behind them) when doing a deeper cleaning. Care must be taken to seat them properly when replacing them. They can be tricky :)

I just cleaned it but when I checked last it was completely black.

Good to hear.

Eric

Glad to hear your back up and running! Have a happy and healthy new year!

Kudos to all. And a Happy New Year!!

Reactions: MommyOf4
Double check the door gasket with a folded over dollar bill. fold length wise. Go all the way around the door.

Eric

There is the problem. Use WD40 or similar and spray the door latch. Wait wait wait for it. Then remove the nut and alter the location of the washers so it tightens the seal. I do not want to say, I told you so. Just kidding, you have my phone number.

Eric

There is the problem. Use WD40 or similar and spray the door latch. Wait wait wait for it. Then remove the nut and alter the location of the washers so it tightens the seal. I do not want to say, I told you so. Just kidding, you have my phone number.

Eric

What do you mean alter the location?

Move the washer (s) to the other side of the lug. Page 56 of your manual diagram #4.

Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 237

yes

The dollar comes out with a slight tug, but the same thing happens. Could it be the gasket (the rope looking thing) that goes around the door?

The dollar comes out with a slight tug, but the same thing happens. Could it be the gasket (the rope looking thing) that goes around the door?

Yes. Tightening the latch will compress the gasket more. The loose gasket is causing the stove to lose vacuum and shut down the auger (any air leak will lower vacuum levels inside the firebox).

Did you make it as tight as it will go? Any room left for adjustment?

where is the port for the vac switch, im not familiar with this stove but its sounding like its dropping the switch then recapturing it. the vac port may be partially obstructed, maybe the OP can locate this port and clear it with a wire or toothpick or somthing

Status
Not open for further replies.