Medic21 Posted By Medic21, Mar 17, 2019 at 1:27 AM

1. Medic21

Medic21
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 26, 2017
    Loc:
    Northern Indiana
    Hope it works better than the other ones. Oh well, I’ll never find out.

0C6325B0-8783-4FAD-9DA0-FCEFD494482D.png

Mrpelletburner and sloeffle like this.
  2. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Who'd they pay off? ;lol

They also somehow met phase 1 and we all have seen how that turned out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    brenndatomu likes this.
  3. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Here's the turd in all it's glory,

2020.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Here's the certification PDF.

Capture.JPG

I obviously don't fully understand the burn categories either. I was under the understanding the burn rate under these four burn categories had to fall within a certain range. Obviously not, as they didn't and still passed.

upload_2019-3-17_12-39-29.png

Attached Files:

brenndatomu likes this.
  5. Woodman1

Woodman1
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Yep. Pretty common for a lot of things in today's world. Doesn't work worth a damn in the real world but it meets the latest government regulations. So sad

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Well, this award obviously means nothing...must just need to be part of the good ole boy network to get it...and grease a few palms.
    Hope they don't try to market it as 10-12 hour burn times...they didn't even make 6.5 for the test.
    God help the suckers that buy these things after how the last 2 years have turned out with them!
    Reading this almost makes me sick...seeing how I painted my Kuuma bright red...I think I'm gonna pull the sheet metal off of it again this summer and change the color...it is offended at being the same color as a FC.

woodey likes this.
  7. Medic21

Medic21
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 26, 2017
    Loc:
    Northern Indiana
    Lmao that is actually 25% of the rated btu output. So it burns right if you load it every two hours.

brenndatomu likes this.
  8. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Well...since it "passed" I guess we can assume it didn't backfire and blow their exhaust system up?! !!! ;lol

I quoted the word "passed", because if you read the test report, they had to request special testing circumstances because the FC1000 is too uncontrollable to be run on low for long, without either burning too hot, or going out, then smoking the place up...(my take on it)...read page 21, 22.

9. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    brenndatomu likes this.
  10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Man, if I owned one of these POS, I'd be blowin up their FB...then file a report with the CPSC...for starters...
    &pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia1.tenor.com%2fimages%2fd82a517e8921a6cc0397d3e4359d4746%2ftenor.gif

11. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    I made a couple comments and referenced a link to this site. ==c

This is one company where it's obvious they place making $$$$ over public safety. I really wonder if anybody in the company, outside of the laborers, actually use one in their homes?

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    No way

Mrpelletburner likes this.
  13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    So after reading up on this VESTA award...it sounds a lot like the Emmy awards...a gathering of industry people sitting around patting each other on the back...read: good ole boy network

14. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    Too bad that so many regular people will think that these certificates and awards mean that they are actually the best.

brenndatomu likes this.
  15. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Speaking of which, did Mrpelletburner send them a bouquet of flowers yet to apologize for his implied "impatience". ;lol ;)

I hope soon he's going to stop accepting these bones they keep throwing his way. IMO, he's getting played.

Maybe we can start a Hearth GoFundMe to raise enough money to send all these furnaces from the numerous members back to them, but it scrap form. ;lol

Mrpelletburner, sloeffle and Medic21 like this.
  16. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    From dust, to dust...

JRHAWK9 likes this.
  17. woodey

woodey
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 8, 2018
    Loc:
    ST. Lawrence Valley N.Y.
    As Elmer Fudd once said to Bugs Bunny "I don't how ya's done it but I KNOW YA'S DONE IT!!!!)"

18. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI

brenndatomu and woodey like this.
  19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    woodey likes this.
  20. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
    I just threw up.......... ;sick

For the record, they technically did NOT pass. They did not meet the BTU output requirement for the 4 distinct burn categories I have shown above. This requirement was actually for Phase 1 of the NSPS, so they shouldn't have even passed phase 1. So much for "standardized" testing in order to put everybody on an even playing field.

brenndatomu and woodey like this.
  21. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    I added my thoughts to the comments section and sent an email to the person that published the post. I hope they approve my comments.

Gbawol42, brenndatomu and woodey like this.
  22. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    brenndatomu likes this.
  23. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2014
    Loc:
    Wisconsin Dells, WI
  24. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    But we’re okay with 20% efficiency from automobiles...,, well sure since there is no alternative.

Fair apples to apples comparisons please. There are so many “efficiency” ratings that are crooked we are hardly able to compare.

brenndatomu, SpaceBus and woodey like this.