Thelin Gnome Need Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ConfusedandCold

Nov 18, 2017
Washington
About a month or so ago my pellet feeder started backing up while the stove was running. It also felt like it wasn't blowing at full speed. Since it was still putting out heat and wasn't catching fire I put it out of mind. Came home after a long weekend vacation and immediately put on the stove to heat up my freezing house. came back down stairs and the unit was off with some pellets still burning. Tried it again today and same issue: unit turns on; igniter works; pellets feed; fan runs but pretty slowly; unit turns off after 10-20 minutes. When I put the unit in FAN mode it runs at high speed. I replaced the fan motor and brushes last winter. Any ideas? I'm pretty new to all this. Thanks!

UPDATE

Tried to turn the unit on again. beginning fan function sounds inconsistent. Immediately switched it off. Fan made a whirring down noise. What would cause the fan to lose power or run in surges when it is in HI mode but run consistently when in FAN mode?

Sounds like the proof of fire switch or what ever your stove uses has gone the way of the doo doo
Or maybe it is just dirty

Reactions: Ssyko
Heres something else. When you plug the unit in, the LED is supposed to light up and the fan is supposed to whir. Just unplugged and replugged. LED lights up but fan does not whir

Pull the combustion fan clean and test