Thermocouple ceramic cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tamysu

Dec 31, 2016
Sacramento, CA
ugh! Cleaning out the firepot and the thermocouple ceramic cover is broken in pieces inside. No where to purchase a new one for a couple of days. Can I still use the pellet stove without it? It works but I don't want to damage anything.

Welcome to the forum! Don't think it is a good idea to use it without the ceramic cover. kappel15 is a reliable source of info on the Quadrafires...
It would be helpful to know make and model of stove ... either in thread title or in a signature line on your profile.

ugh! Cleaning out the firepot and the thermocouple ceramic cover is broken in pieces inside. No where to purchase a new one for a couple of days. Can I still use the pellet stove without it? It works but I don't want to damage anything.

I'm a Quad owner and by no means an expert but I'm willing to bet that the ceramic thermocouple cover is there for a reason. No doubt the stove will run without it BUT the question is for how long.

The stove will run without it, but you also run the risk of ruining your thermocouple, which costs a bit. The cover is there to protect it. Wish you lived closer as I carry a spare I could sell ya. kap

Reactions: Lake Girl
Thank you Kap, yes you are quite a few miles away from Truckee, Ca! Came down the hill to a warmer home, we'll fix it this week. Thanks again!