thermodisc placement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KrisP

Aug 9, 2019
Pennsylvania
my century 2900 is in its place and ready to be connected to the liner, my questions

1- i bought a thermodisc for automatic fan regulation...but where does it mount? inscructions or manual do not say
2- the liner insulation foil facing has some small tares at the end from the smoke shelf...big deal or no? i can most likely reach most of them to fix but not all.

You mount the heat sensing side against/close proximity to a hot part of the stove
a magnet and a tab bracket is easiest/not prettiest

Reactions: KrisP
and small rips in liner insulation ? i repaired everthing i can see and reach. Mostly damaged on the end that connects to the isnert which i will most likely cut back anyway