Thermostat settings for Quadrafire CB1200i and Honeywell Focus Pro 5000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CS155

Nov 23, 2020
Maine
Have a CB1200i wired to a Honeywell FocusPro 5000. The thermostat is actually branded with the Quadrafire logo and everything. Once it’s wired up, the thermostat has to be programmed for fuel source, blower etc.

Problem is, none of the combinations I’ve tried seem to work. Have called Honeywell (lady on the phone didn’t know what a pellet was) and e-mail to QF customer service told me to contact the dealer.

Before everyone tells me to call the dealer, the stove was bought 2nd hand and installed by me. Stove works fine with a temporary jumper, bypass.

Nice thermostat,but if I am correct,it cannot control any of those things,on your stove.It is made for the Mt Vernon AE. But,feel free to correct me,you quad guys.

Bob, you may be correct. Id even be happy with the simple on/off function but I can’t even get the settings on the thermostat to just do that. Like I said, I bought this 2nd hand so not sure what I got. Thought I’d give it a try before swapping out with something else.

Ya,I do not know if that can be programmed as simple on/off,which is what you need.Any simple on/off would work.The original is this--
And the economy replacement is this--

The cb1200-1200i just use any simple millivolt tstat. The programable one you have may work with the newest of models. I haven’t worked on any cb1200’s with the that stat. but they do work with the mtvernon ae

Well once again, you guys solved the problem. Thank you.

I don't know why the previous owner picked up this thermostat, but its definitely the culprit. I don't know that I'll shell out the crazy high prices for a QF-branded thermostat however. My Nest thermostat for my home HVAC only cost slightly more and I can control that bad boy from space (or more importantly, from the comfort of my bed).

In other news, if anyone wants the above mentioned thermostat, I'll make you a deal :)

Just curious as to why you'd want to control a thermostat from your bed??? Seems strange to me.

Just curious as to why you'd want to control a thermostat from your bed??? Seems strange to me.
Strange to you but not hard to imagine. I have Nest thermostats controlling all the zones in my house and I adjust them without moving fro