thermostatic sensor on napoleon 1100c

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleon burn

Oct 15, 2011
north texas
ive just installed a thermostatic sensor on my blower for the napoleon _ i tested it with a hair dryer and it functions ok . when i mounted it to the stove it wont work , i can heat it with the hair dryer to turn it on but after 4 min. it goes off again. can anyone offer some advice on this? I installed it exactly per the instructions , I think it needs to be closer to the stove .

Thank you, :roll:

If there is no heat applied to the snap-disk then it should turn the fan off. Sounds like it's working fine. Once you get the stove cranking it'll keep the fan on.

Did you install it on the heat shield with ittouching the back of the stove?

Give it more time. That sensor is at the bottom in the back of the stove and it takes time to get hot back there. FWIW it also blows long after the fire dies. Mine can take 1-1/2 hours to kick on from a cold start with a good hot fire.

napoleon burn said:
ive just installed a thermostatic sensor on my blower for the napoleon _ i tested it with a hair dryer and it functions ok . when i mounted it to the stove it wont work , i can heat it with the hair dryer to turn it on but after 4 min. it goes off again. can anyone offer some advice on this? I installed it exactly per the instructions , I think it needs to be closer to the stove .

Thank you, :roll:

Most snap discs are not close to the stove, they touch it ! Check and make sure it is in contact with the side of the stove. It will take some time for the lower rear (usually where the snap disc contacts the stove) to come up to temperature.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.