Thinking about buying a Rika Integra II insert used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

She2dancer

Oct 23, 2012
SE Mass
Just found a Rika Integra II insert on Craigslist for $2300...been searching for a good insert to replace our 1992 Quadrafire 1100i which is just not cutting it anymore. We are trying to heat a 2000sq foot house (currently poorly insulated...but we are having blown-in done on the whole house in the next month or so).

I've read good things here about the Rika, just wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or aware of when I go to look at it? We are also looking at a Harman Accentra insert for $2500. Are there any pros/cons of the two?
Thanks so much, I've learned a ton lurking on here (for instance I'm joining the Green Team pellet boycott at Lowes ;) )

If I had to choose one over the other...I'd say the Accentra...I like the Integra when it was Austroflamme with the simple dial on rocker switch...truthfully either are great stoves. You can hold more pellets in the Rika and it is a higher rated BTU stove....go with your gut. Both are great.

Thank you for your input! We decided to go with the Rika....we really like the large hopper and the look. It was installed today - What a huge difference in heat output from our old dinosaur!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 400
Looks great. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.