This was a first

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. At that point the antifreeze should be going directly into the man.

Next he's going to give us that, "I enjoy having four seasons up here," BS. When one of your seasons is "frozen gasoline," and summer is three days long, I'm not sure it really counts as four seasons.

Stale or evaporated fuel in the carb sucks. My two snowblowers and the generator have electric start which I wasn't using because they start pretty easy. I always run them out of fuel or shut the fuel valve till they run dry, then I would use the prime and pull start a couple times. I also use Stabil in the fuel.

Recently I started using the starters to turn the motor over to more easily and thoroughly get as much fuel out of the carb as possible. Once it stops running, choke on, full throttle and hit the primer while turning over with the starter. The idea is to get the carb dry and burn up anything left. Should be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.