Thorough disassembly of Hearthstone Clydesdale 8491 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChimneyS

Apr 23, 2020
Baltimore, MD
I need to remove a Hearthstone Clydesdale 8491 with limited help, and am worried about the heavy weight. My back is not great anyway.
I'm curious of whether these can be thoroughly disassembled to make the parts lighter? Of course all the main add-on parts would be removed anyway, but I don't know if that will reduce the weight enough for us.
The stove's parts diagram shows that even the combustion chamber box is in pieces that may bolt together.
Anyone know if the weight of the main unit can be reduced significantly by disassembly?

A heavy insert can be handled by ancient methods. Lay something like sheetmetal, or cardboard to protect the hearth. Then use 1/2" pipe rollers to make removal easy. Once it's out, ratchet strap it with padding to a heavy-duty appliance dolly. Once it has wheels, moving it is easy.