Thought I was done!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
Haven't had a fire since the end of march. Had the stove all cleaned and had no intentions of starting a fire. Mother nature had other ideas. Highs in the mid 50 with showers and wind and heading for freezing tonight. Got tired of the heat pump coming on every five minutes and being cold with it set at 75 so I broke down and started a fire. Should have known the last of march wasn't going to be it considering the winter we had.

IMG_0733 (480x640).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, looks like a catalog picture.

We hadn't cleaned our stove yet because I needed to clean the chimney first, but we have been running small fires of mainly pine & uglies...keeping the chill off and the formerly pregnant wifey is happy.
On the lighter side, the fire got away from us a bit and the inside of the stove is creosote free. I would not recommend cleaning your stove that way...

I have thought I was done 3 times now. lol

And still burning . . .

I did bring in a wheel barrow of wood for the Nor'easter this weekend, I figured 50 deg and rain would call for a fire, I didn't light one though, didn't really need it, so I can safely say I'm done for the season

We filled the wood box again this weekend too. Hopefully that will be insurance for not needing a fire again unless for ambiance on cool nights. I say this as it is only 51º outside and yet more rain coming soon. Prolly burning a small fire this evening.

Reactions: Highbeam
Had a fire this morning. Supposed to get warm tomorrow.
Filling up the garage for next year.
Log guy forgot about me...should be any day now.

I had a couple of inches of snow on mothers day. I am running the mini split cranked up instead of running the boiler. After 15 years of living without hooking up the electric element on my solar hot water tank, I finally broke down and hooked it up yesterday as it was that or run oil. Supposed to be 80 degrees on Thursday.