Thought I was going to join the club today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikefrommaine

Delivery was scheduled today for my new boiler. I had waited an extra week for a liftgate truck to be available. Probably a mistake because it looks like the boiler took a beating while it sat around the fed ex warehouse.

Hopefully I have this picture thing figured out.

Attachments

• DSCF1132.jpg
    DSCF1132.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 382
Here are a couple more.

Attachments

• DSCF1133.jpg
    DSCF1133.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCF1134.jpg
    DSCF1134.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF1136.jpg
    DSCF1136.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 376
The obvious damage was to the sheet metal on the side and another good dent on the bottom front. I am not sure if the damage was from it being bumped with another pallet or if it was dropped off a fork lift. Didn't want to take a chance on something more being wrong so I refused delivery.

Perhaps they could send a rep and get you squared away. Obviously an A-1 boiler is preferred but maybe the damage is not integral (?) and sheet metal is all you would need(?)!. Regardless of the ifs iI agree with flyingcow. Patience is the best course.

bummer... Oh well they'll get you fixed up. Nice choice on the boiler! I've been happy with mine so far. Is that a 60 ?

woodsmaster said:
bummer... Oh well they'll get you fixed up. Nice choice on the boiler! I've been happy with mine so far. Is that a 60 ?

Yep, biomass 60
Didn't get to look too closely at it but other than the damage I liked what I saw.

UPDATE

I had spoken with the dealer yesterday and sent some pics of the damage. He said I was right to refuse and that they would have a different one sent right out. Said I should get it maybe by the end of the week or beginning of next.

Got a call this morning and they don't have any more to send out. Said a ship is due in the next two or three weeks...

I do still want the biomass but my fear is that weeks turns into 2 or 3 months. At which time there could be a foot of snow on the ground and I won't be able to get the boiler in the basement. Fed ex has really screwed both me and the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.