Thru wall Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CAJUN MAN

Nov 13, 2023
Lafayette, La
I have a stove and it was installed with single wall pipe. My front porch is closed in. The upper half of the porch is screen windows, with covers for them in winter. Well who ever installed this stove they covered on window with a piece of 1/4 inch plywood and cut a hole to pass pipe thru. Well I wanted to correct this so I started watching vids, and reading. Here is my problem.
I figured I can put a piece of concrete board on inside of window cut hole thru board and plywood to install thimble. But when I get to the outside my eave on my porch sticks out 3 1/2 ft. My question is do I need the clean out T ? Are can I just run double wall pipe straight out with straps and elbow up? OH! I would be using duravent, unless you would suggest another brand. Also I can't go thru my eave. I have to run pipe out and up.

Yours Truly
Cajun Man