Tiger print...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
Small scrounge. Too long no splitting...
Got a few rounds. One sassafras (in the background). One with a tiger print. Gets me excited... :cool:

IMG_20211021_172141330.jpg

Any other nice patterns out there?

I haven't split anything since winter so nothing new for me. Just good old sad log in my avatar!

I'll probably get back to collecting in January ish. I need to burn some wood to make more room!

Yes. I have withdrawal symptoms. So getting three rounds (only) to fill up some gaps in my shed (telling the wife that the pine I'll be getting this fall won't fill the last gap completely as an excuse to get more wood to satisfy my itch :p )

I cut this stump off as close to the ground I could get. Old growth tree. Hard to get a straight cut with my 18" bar. It came out better than I thought it would. I used wedges to hold it up as I circled around it. That worked well.

IMG_7365.jpg