Time for a new chimney crown.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Coming from a guy that cooks for a living and is not a mason, that looks pretty darn good. Nice work there.

that looks pretty darn good
Thanks. These pics look OK, but there's a reason you don't see any close-ups. ;lol
Coming from a guy that cooks for a living and is not a mason
My nephew went to cooking school, and worked at a hotel full-time for a while. That job sounds like a lot more pressure than slapping a few bricks onto mortar.. :oops: Hopefully, that screamy, yelly guy on TV isn't your boss! ;lol

Last edited:
My nephew went to cooking school, and worked at a hotel full-time for a while. That job sounds like a lot more pressure than slapping a few bricks onto mortar.. :oops: Hopefully, that screamy, yelly guy on TV isn't your boss! ;lol

No, I went to "HK University" [Hard Knock University] and learned to cook the old-fashioned way...by watching, doing, and trying again. I have worked with some pretty talented folks over the years. I don't see myself as a Chef but a pretty darn good cook. ;)
My boss is pretty cool...she treats me well...and she is not like that screamy, yelly guy on tv. I couldn't work for someone like that. Anyhoo...