Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice seeing Murph & Emma both with you, I hear the elm is a tough splitter.

zap

it's all throw in's zap ;-)

just got in the house and me and my buddy across the road were chatting.. gonna take down a monster elm tomorrow beside the house..will have the camera just in case :cheese:

loon

big change of plans :shut: the old fella decided that they are not installing a new furnace this year and i guess i will be scrambling for 12 cord of as dry as i can find wood for them ;-P
there are a few kids up the road that are new here and would like to work a few weekends so it may not be as bad as i am thinking?

had Mrs Loon helping out today :cheese:

DSC09815-1-1.jpg

Loon nice job, is that the big elm?

zap

no its a bunch of maple i dragged up last year zap..the big elm is gonna wait till the leaves are down as its hopefully gonna drop right :cheese: and its messy in there right now..

Is that the Maple you dragged out without limbing it up? :snake:

zap

we did haul some wood today though ;-)

DSC_0227-1.jpg

here's Murphy checking out the dock that we gotta fix this fall ;-)

DSC_0234-1.jpg

Loon you had a great day for it. Looks like it was dead, what type of wood do you think it is?

zap

Loon did you get hit with the EAB yet ?

zap

some 12/13 and beyond gathering:

this week i cut a good sized ice-fall hickory limb....been down since last winter. probably a face cord.
yesterday dropped a 3 year standing dead red oak probably over a cord for that one. gonna c/s/s/ that one in the next week or so.
gonna c/s/s s%&tload; of downed red maple. my goal is to have a big store of it to use for shoulder season. even considering c/s/s pine for the same. what a luxury it will be to have seasoned early-wood for once and not tap into the primo hardwoods.
gonna hit the logging yard for some BIG rounds...mostly red oak, sugar maple, cherry and ash. those a re gonna go in the big pile and get split and stacked whenever i can get to them. i tend to hoard the stuff from the logging yard when possible cuz if not the vultures come in with monster trucks and take all the cut-offs. that leaves so little for the locals to rely on. anyway...i'm grateful to have them so close.

Loon we are very sorry to hear about Murph, can't imagine what you're going through.

zap

Sorry to hear that Loon, its sucks to lose one of your best friends, Murph was a beauty

loon said:
well today sucked :shut: had to put my buddy down...

Terry

DSC06979.jpg

I truly am sorry to hear this Loon . . . truly sorry . . . Murph was pretty special.

So sorry to hear the bad news. I don't know what else to say. So sorry.

I am really sorry to hear that . I have had to make that decision before and it's never an easy one. Hope it gets better soon.

R.I.P.

thanks gang..as you know he had diabetes but was diagnosed sunday with pancreatitis and the vet said yesterday that he would only get worse..

he did have fun goofing around here on the board though ;-)

DSC09500-1.jpg

loon said:
thanks gang..as you know he had diabetes but was diagnosed sunday with pancreatitis and the vet said yesterday that he would only get worse..

he did have fun goofing around here on the board though ;-)

DSC09500-1.jpg

Hows Emma? when I lost my dog last year her sister was ok for a few days, she liked the extra attention. Once she realized her mate was never coming back she stopped eating for a week or so and was depressed. I ended up getting her a new mate and shes been much happier since.

I think I can speak for many of us in saying 1) we're sorry for your loss and 2) we too will miss the comical pics of Murphy . . . and 3) please don't stop posting pics of Emma clowning around if and when you feel like doing so. The pics you posted of those two dogs working with you really made my day -- I always perked up whenever I saw that you had updated this thread with new pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.