Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no but might have to show Murphy how to run the splitter today as my wife had to go into town :cheese:

well that didnt take long :cheese:

DSC09500.jpg

loon said:
well that didnt take long :cheese:

DSC09500.jpg

These dogs do it all . . . so help me if you have a picture of them running your chainsaw and taking down a tree I'm getting one . . . on the other hand you better watch out . . . next thing you know they'll be playing poker with their buddies when you're not around. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
These dogs do it all . . . so help me if you have a picture of them running your chainsaw and taking down a tree I'm getting one . . .

will be getting the saws out again Saturday and will see what he can do jake :)

loon

[quote author="loon" date="1297553568"]well he got a few cuts in but i think he pinched the bar :cheese:

Loon. it keeps getting better and better. Can the your dogs stack?

Zap

Loon, do you like the packs you have on the atv? I've thought about some like that but it seems they might also get in the way for getting on and off swinging the leg over. What all do you use them for?

Those pictures of the dogs are priceless!!! I laughed out loud during live international HDTV and radio opera broadcast!

Savage its a $250 dog seat %-P but very handy though... and flatbed we have a great time with these 2 ;-)

DSC09576.jpg

loon said:
thanks dave and its a 22ton mtd.

just googled that kind bob and they do look the same but ours are pyrenees...

DSC09429.jpg

loon
I think that dog thinks that wood is p**S elm. Better leave that piece out in the sun to season alittle longer.
leaddog

loon said:
well he got a few cuts in but i think he pinched the bar :cheese:

DSC09528.jpg

Just checking in today . . . thanks for the laugh Loon. Love the pics.

loon said:
the farmhouse is over 100 years old and they sure were thinking when they installed this wood shoot ;-) pretty much anything going down now will be for next year :)

DSC09581.jpg

loon
They don,t build em like they use to. My house is over the century mark. When I moved in 32yrs ago. I found all sorts of neat stuff, passages between rooms,stairs behind walls leading down from the attic. How deep does the chute go and what kind of angle is it. What is in the cellar if that is where the chute goes? Love to see a pic of the inside of the farmhouse and the cellar. These things really intrigue me. Enjoy

loon said:
beauty day here today so did a little cherry splitting ;-)

DSC_0115.jpg

loon

Looks good Loon, we had some family up this weekend so I hope that I'll start splitting or cutting again next weekend.

Zap

andrewdee said:
loon said:
the farmhouse is over 100 years old and they sure were thinking when they installed this wood shoot ;-) pretty much anything going down now will be for next year :)

DSC09581.jpg

loon
They don,t build em like they use to. My house is over the century mark. When I moved in 32yrs ago. I found all sorts of neat stuff, passages between rooms,stairs behind walls leading down from the attic. How deep does the chute go and what kind of angle is it. What is in the cellar if that is where the chute goes? Love to see a pic of the inside of the farmhouse and the cellar. These things really intrigue me. Enjoy

andre, will go and take some pics today of the cellar..
its a pain in the butt moving wood down there as for some reason it was built 5'6" and i am 5'"7 :cheese:
they had the walls sprayed a couple years ago with a government grant which made a world of differance :)

loon

loon said:
andrewdee said:
loon said:

DSC09581.jpg

loon

andre, will go and take some pics today of the cellar..
its a pain in the butt moving wood down there as for some reason it was built 5'6" and i am 5'"7 :cheese:
they had the walls sprayed a couple years ago with a government grant which made a world of differance :)

loon
Thanks can't Wait to see and show my Wife she loves this too.

[quote author="loon" date="1298297850"]was throwing wood down the shoot zap and kept thinking i was being watched?? :lol:

Loon, it looks like we'll break out the good hardwood tonight with the temps at - 8 with the windchill @ -27.

Zap

didnt get pics from around the house but got a few downstairs andre...

the original limestone homestead was built in 1846 with a few add on's since.

here is the wood shoot.

DSC09601.jpg

and like i said before they had the stone sprayed a few years back.

DSC09602.jpg

and they use this wood/oil unit.. which is a pig on wood %-P believe me.. i know!!! :cheese:

DSC09604.jpg

will take more pictures of the place in the future for ya ;-)

Terry

loon said:
didnt get pics from around the house but got a few downstairs andre...

the original limestone homestead was built in 1846 with a few add on's since.

here is the wood shoot.

DSC09601.jpg

and like i said before they had the stone sprayed a few years back.

DSC09602.jpg

and they use this wood/oil unit.. which is a pig on wood %-P believe me.. i know!!! :cheese:

DSC09604.jpg

will take more pictures of the place in the future for ya ;-)

Terry

Thanks a lot Terry looks great!! looking forward to more pics. Andrew

getting ready to head over to the woodlot, but i guess everybody has to warm up first? and i think the cat is gonna melt :cheese:

DSC09644-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.