Today's job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason763

Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
Cherry, American elm and walnut at the in-laws. Boxelder's going back in the woods...
20160305_150251.jpg

Reactions: Oldman47
There's a double row of walnut in the background from last summer. Question is it's still in the round and has some white fungus on the ends. Still good if I split it this spring?
Just saw the deer blind back there too, nice short walk...

There's a double row of walnut in the background from a last summer. Question is it's still in the round and has some white fungus on the ends. Still good if I split it this spring?
Just saw the deer blind back there too, nice short walk...

I find walnut very rot resistant. I bet most of what you have will be fine, but I don't normally see fungus on it either.

I'm sure once cut and gets a chance to dry you will be good. If it's solid you should be good to go nice little cleanup.

Reactions: Jason763
Status
Not open for further replies.