Top Kit for Ashley AW740 Insert w/6" diameter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bipsic

Nov 16, 2021
Silver Spring
Looking for what is needed to install my new Ashley AW740 woodstove insert. Chimney guys have not been very helpful, so I was planning on ordering online myself. Here is what I think I need 1) Stovetop adapter 2) an 18" long 6" diameter single wall pipe 3) 30 degree section (based on what I see in attached pics of my old 8" pipe) 4) another 18" long 6" diameter single wall pipe. This will put me about 6" into the chimney, where the new 6" flexible liner with 1/2" insulation will line up.
My questions, how does one 6" pipe attach to another (sheet metal screws?) what happens where the 6" flexible line comes through the 8" opening where the old pipe went since its only 7" including insulation? Thanks in advance for your advice.

stovepipebottom.jpg stovepipetop.jpg stovepipetotal.jpg

Looking for what is needed to install my new Ashley AW740 woodstove insert. Chimney guys have not been very helpful, so I was planning on ordering online myself. Here is what I think I need 1) Stovetop adapter 2) an 18" long 6" diameter single wall pipe 3) 30 degree section (based on what I see in attached pics of my old 8" pipe) 4) another 18" long 6" diameter single wall pipe. This will put me about 6" into the chimney, where the new 6" flexible liner with 1/2" insulation will line up.
My questions, how does one 6" pipe attach to another (sheet metal screws?) what happens where the 6" flexible line comes through the 8" opening where the old pipe went since its only 7" including insulation? Thanks in advance for your advice.

View attachment 287093 View attachment 287094 View attachment 287095
Why are you messing with rigid through the damper? Just run flex all the way down.

Why are you messing with rigid through the damper? Just run flex all the way down.
good idea, since my old stove was a slammer, just thought I needed a transition of some sort. The ashley has about a 4" long lip protruding from the top, so I dont need a top kit, just attach flex right to the lip? What about the 30 degree bend? a flex pipe should be able to handle that over a 3 or 4 foot length from top of stove to damper?

Last edited:
good idea, since my old stove was a slammer, just thought I needed a transition of some sort. The ashley has about a 4" long lip protruding from the top, so I dont need a top kit, just attach flex right to the lip?
You need an appliance adapter for the liner to go into then the adapter will go into the stove. You may need an elbow to make things line up.