Top Sealing Damper for Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coreboy83

Nov 3, 2016
MN
we are about to pull the trigger on a sealing damper. pretty sure the Lyemance is the one for me. question i have is on cleaning. do i just jam my 12x12 brush through the opening on top? not a fan of breaking the sealant every year

we are about to pull the trigger on a sealing damper. pretty sure the Lyemance is the one for me. question i have is on cleaning. do i just jam my 12x12 brush through the opening on top? not a fan of breaking the sealant every year
We typically clean from the bottom. But most top sealers can be used with a cleaning ring. That ring gets attached and the damper bolts to it. Then the damper can easily be removed for cleaning

We typically clean from the bottom. But most top sealers can be used with a cleaning ring. That ring gets attached and the damper bolts to it. Then the damper can easily be removed for cleaning
Cool, I'll look into the cleaning rings. thanks