Trade deal from wood to pellet in the works.. Need some input

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Dudes,

Long time wood burner, thinking of trading one of my inserts for pellet, and keeping another stove in another room. I posted a Craigslist add about wanting to trade my quad 4100i and got a response.

Can anyone look at this add and tell me if this pellet insert is any good?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/3984777130.html

Thanks guys!
Dustin

Nice older stove. It's all analog so you kinda have to go in to the way back machine to find anyone who will work on it. That baby has the weirdest looking auger motor I have ever seen...if you ever had to replace that you'd have to source through Lopi for sure. Also has a control box with timers and relays. It's cool in the fact that its old and somewhat rare in these parts. Built like a tank!

Translation: "Run Forrest. Run.".

Running!

I'm torn.. Thinking about switching but not wanting to drop 3 grand...

Status
Not open for further replies.