Trail Clearing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I ran up top yesterday and did some trail clearing (mostly small stuff that I could move by hand) this was the only tree across the trail that I needed to cut.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3803.jpg
    100_3803.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_3804.jpg
    100_3804.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 492
Beautiful country, enjoy. And you get firewood to boot! I would love to have a wood lot. In the mean time, I sure do enjoy your pics.

tfdchief thanks, not sure why he offered the land to us but we are very happy he did. Last year it was all firewood and this summer it's been milling, and next year we hope the small cabin gets started.

Hope the healing is coming along.

zap

zapny said:
Hope the healing is coming along.

zap
I think it is. I feel better each day. I am supposed to get the brace off on the 12th.....I can't wait! Probably won't be humpin heavy rounds the day after, but I'll be glad to get rid of it non the less. :)

Zap, I tried to get down a couple of our trails and it appears I have lots of clearing to do too. I'll wait for it to get a bit cooler.

Too much undergrowth around here still. Waiting for that to die down before I go back in the woods, since early this year I was viciously attacked by blood hungry ticks.
Hate them little bastages.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I tried to get down a couple of our trails and it appears I have lots of clearing to do too. I'll wait for it to get a bit cooler.

From what I saw on TV you might have snow next week.

zap

PapaDave said:
Too much undergrowth around here still. Waiting for that to die down before I go back in the woods, since early this year I was viciously attacked by blood hungry ticks.
Hate them little bastages.

I agree with you on that, they can cause alot of pain.

zap

PapaDave said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

From what I saw on TV you might have snow next week.

zap

Wait......WHAT!?!?!?

6-8 inches of snow just on the Sav's house. :grrr:
zap

Na, that is dandruff when I brush hard.

tfdchief said:
Beautiful country, enjoy. And you get firewood to boot! I would love to have a wood lot. In the mean time, I sure do enjoy your pics.

X2 on the Pics... I HAVE to Open every Thread that Zap is the author... Always has a Pic or 10.. I love Pics. Nothing describes what you did/doing than a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.