Trailblazer Classic 1700 manual wanted or air intake lever answer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtoWoodStove

Oct 9, 2014
Massachusetts
I recently moved into a home with a Trailblazer Classic 1700 wood stove insert in the fireplace. I'm trying to figure out how the air intake lever works. The front glass was replaced with metal so I cannot see if I'm increasing or decreasing the airflow directly. Specifically, I need to know if I am opening or closing the airflow by sliding the lever either left or right. Also, the lever pulls out temporarily but springs back if I let go and I'm not sure if that is necessary to do while moving the lever.

I'm just having trouble manage the fire well without knowing how that works properly. I'm stuck keeping it in the middle for now which is not ideal for starting the fire, nor managing it.

Ideally, I would love to get a copy of the manual to see all the specs and operating instructions on this stove.

It isn't pretty, but it works and it has a new door seal and a freshly cleaned chimney.

The lever is at the bottom of the stove just above the word "Trailblazer"

View attachment 140797

Status
Not open for further replies.