Travis hybrid large flush insert : upper part of firebox is glowing red

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
The shelf right under combuster is glowing dull red when insert is on a pick of performance after fully loaded and fire took off. The air intake is closed completely and catalyst glowing bright orange. The top of the door and top of insert is around 500f by ir thermometer . It goes for 45 min or so , then t drops and it's cruising . Is red glowing inside is normal or I should avoid it?

The shelf right under combuster is glowing dull red when insert is on a pick of performance after fully loaded and fire took off. The air intake is closed completely and catalyst glowing bright orange. The top of the door and top of insert is around 500f by ir thermometer . It goes for 45 min or so , then t drops and it's cruising . Is red glowing inside is normal or I should avoid it?
Dmitry,

Same insert, same observation. I think we are ok.

Thanks , that good to hear . Just experimenting in anticipation of colder weather .

Status
Not open for further replies.