Travis industries Avalon remote replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

i_bowl

Mar 26, 2023
Seattle
Hi folks!
I've recently moved into a house which has Travis Industries Avalon Radiant Plus Small Insert gas fireplace installed.
At first I just used the knobs under the insert to turn it on and off and adjust flame. But they were inconveniently placed behind the from cover that I needed to remove every time. Eventually I looked up the model and realized it comes with a remote control. Indeed there is a receiver attached to the control block. However the remote itself is missing.
Now I'm trying to buy a replacement, but having hard time to figure out which one would work. I couldn't find the exact one that came with the fireplace. Some of them other ones come with a receiver as well. So I don't know if it's easier to replace it all together. Either way can somebody help me understand compatibility between different types of remotes/receivers or maybe suggest which one will work with my model? Thank you!

PXL_20230327_014201977.jpg

I don't know much about it, but I did find this. Seems expensive to me, but maybe it at least helps identify the part number