Tree Guy Hookup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
The tree guy dropped off a load of oak from a nearby job. not sure I should have said yes to the second truckload. gonna have to pay this one forward once I'm out of space to store.

Tree Guy Hookup

Sweet...! ! !

The tree guy dropped off a load of oak from a nearby job. not sure I should have said yes to the second truckload. gonna have to pay this one forward once I'm out of space to store.

View attachment 196297
Uhh, looks to me like you've got plenty of storage space out front. ;)

That's awesome! That's what I'm scared of about calling one of the local tree services...I have a hard time saying no to premium hardwoods, and I'm afraid I might let them bury me [emoji3]

So jealous, I normally gather logs all winter then start splitting right around now, I got nothing this year as i'm to far ahead, that's a great hook up

Reactions: Rangerbait
So jealous, I normally gather logs all winter then start splitting right around now, I got nothing this year as i'm to far ahead, that's a great hook up

That's a real problem...I have no idea how much I'm going to burn since I haven't even installed the stove yet, but already stockpiled over 10 cords. My eagerness may have put
Me out of the wood cutting business for a bit, I'm afraid. [emoji33]

How did you get the hookup? I'm already a little behind the game for next winter. I just emailed a tree service in my town, waiting for a reply.
Another person on CL asked me for a quote to cut down a few trees. Told them I'd do it for free and just got crickets.

Reactions: velvetfoot
How did you get the hookup? I'm already a little behind the game for next winter. I just emailed a tree service in my town, waiting for a reply.
Another person on CL asked me for a quote to cut down a few trees. Told them I'd do it for free and just got crickets.
When I got home from the gym, I saw the cherry picker up in the air on the next block. I drove over and just asked. Around here, not too many wood burners and plenty of tree companies looking to find a place to dump for free.

Reactions: saewoody
I think once you stack it, it won't seem as much.
It's great they blocked it up and all, but they're not uniform length.
You could complain next time you see them, hah.
But really, you've got a bunch of blocked up wood sitting at your place and you didn't have to pay or work for it. How can you possibly complain about that!

Well, now you know to give a price next time! Some people get easily confused. I've had that happen when I have posted that I'm looking for wood, and someone asks for a quote to take down a tree. I wouldn't take a tree down on anyone's property unless it was practically in the middle of a field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now you know to give a price next time! Some people get easily confused. I've had that happen when I have posted that I'm looking for wood, and someone asks for a quote to take down a tree. I wouldn't take a tree down on anyone's property unless it was practically in the middle of a field.

Pick and choose the gravy and charge them for cutting your firewood. I do it every chance I get.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk