Trim Question for Regency insert owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Suprachica79

Mar 22, 2017
Wolcott, CT
Hi everyone,

Currently have a regency i2400 that is waiting for install and I have a question about the trim kit. I bought this stove used and I think I am missing a couple nuts and bolts when it comes to the trim kit. Looking at the manual, it appears the side trim pieces are attached using what regency calls spring nuts and a couple bolts. I do not have the spring nuts or bolts and when I search for spring nuts online, nothing like what they picture in the manual shows up. When I searched for regency parts, the spring nuts and bolts also do not appear as stand alone items to be purchased, but rather I assume they come as part of the whole trim kit. Does anyone have pictures of the trim kit installed or any idea how I can jimmy rig this to work? The unit will be installed on September 7th so I have a bit of time but I want to get this figured out in advance. Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone,

Currently have a regency i2400 that is waiting for install and I have a question about the trim kit. I bought this stove used and I think I am missing a couple nuts and bolts when it comes to the trim kit. Looking at the manual, it appears the side trim pieces are attached using what regency calls spring nuts and a couple bolts. I do not have the spring nuts or bolts and when I search for spring nuts online, nothing like what they picture in the manual shows up. When I searched for regency parts, the spring nuts and bolts also do not appear as stand alone items to be purchased, but rather I assume they come as part of the whole trim kit. Does anyone have pictures of the trim kit installed or any idea how I can jimmy rig this to work? The unit will be installed on September 7th so I have a bit of time but I want to get this figured out in advance. Thanks for the help!

I think a "spring nut" is one of those cheap stamped sheet metal rectangles with a hole in the middle. I've never shopped for them but I would think you could find them in the fastener section of your local hardware store. Pick out some suitable bolts for them while you are there.

Before you do that I recommend a more through search for the original fasteners. Maybe they are taped onto the back somewhere? Or on the stuff it was packed with.

Reactions: Suprachica79
They usually are in a seperate bag inside the trim plate box. You need 4 clips that slide over the edge of the surround on the insert 2 each side then 4 screws that thread into those clips.

When I bought the unit from the stove shop, they had to search high and low in their shop to find the trim pieces so I have little doubt that they were lost in the shuffle of removing the unit from the house. I didn't think to ask because some trim kits don't even have nuts and bolts, so that was an amateur mistake on my part. If someone has a picture of how they are attached, that'd be a big help too because the manual is a bit confusing on this part.

They usually are in a seperate bag inside the trim plate box. You need 4 clips that slide over the edge of the surround on the insert 2 each side then 4 screws that thread into those clips.

Yea I bought this second hand so I think they just forgot about them when removing it.

Yea, I've heard they aren't the fastest to ship but I could call them if I come up empty at the local stores. When it comes to the bolts, do you guys think I need anything specific for the temperature these may see?

Yea, I've heard they aren't the fastest to ship but I could call them if I come up empty at the local stores. When it comes to the bolts, do you guys think I need anything specific for the temperature these may see?
Nope it wont be very hot there