Trouble getting parts for my F 600.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello to All,

I paid for a new base plate for my F 600 (it came with the base plate cracked, don't ask) back in June, my dealer said I would have to wait till late August, I was fine with that but come September he told me I would have to wait till early November, I'm not so happy about that, but things happen. I just wanted to ask if others are having problems getting parts from Jotul or if this might be an issue with my dealer. Thank you.

John

I had bought up two of them left in the warehouse in May, and they only had 1 left after that I think.

Jotul keeps a good amount if parts in stock, but some parts just get used quicker than they can make them. Its Impossible for you to get actual “when available” dates unleas you are a dealer or have a dealer account. And even then, if it says something is 2 months out, that means its in Poland still, and with the supply chain the way it is right now, getting the stuff shipped over by boat is subject to lots of delays.

If you have to replace the bottom as well, make sure you dont need a new front bottom to go with it. They updated the pattern to try to prevent cracks, and that front bottom piece had to be changed as well. I think its $80 your cost, but if you dont get it, then it wont fit back together right. And I just bought the last one of two that are left in the states last week. So woodmans is the only place with 1 left in inventory. Eta from jotul is Jan for more to be here.

Here is a picture of the new front bottom mounted vs the old one, and I circled the difference.

1EA2AAB6-0C20-4E7B-AA8F-8FC80C543096.jpeg

So if your front bottom looks like the gray one on the right already, then you are good when your new inner bottom arrives. If not you will need the new front bottom.