Trying Eureka pellets right now.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Last year I tried a few different brands of pellets before settling on my dealer's private label Uncle Jed's pellets... these are a pine pellet that they bag at their own facility.

The UJ's have been excellent... low ash and plenty of heat. But I always wanted to try Eureka's because they are fir and are said to burn with even less ash and have a few more btu's. So yesterday my bride and I loaded the F150 with 30 bags of Eurekas and headed home. Actually the yardman at Earth Sense loaded my truck for me since I just received a new shoulder last week and can't lift a damn thing.

I gave my stove a good cleaning tonite. I hadn't even opened the door since Jan 14th... the day before my surgery. I didn't use the leafblower but hammered the back wall pretty good to dislodge the hidden ash... got quite a bit out, too.

Now, filled with the new Eureka's and a clean stove, this thing is cookin'. I pretty surprised at how little ash is being produced and how much heat I'm getting.... very happy. the Uncle Jed's are a very good pellet... the Eureka's are about $50.00 more per 60 bag pallet.

I have enough now (30 bags here and 30 more at the dealer) for the remainder of the season and into the '10 heating season.

So far, so good.

Krooser,

Been burning these since the fall and I like em'. Not much ash, good heat and little fines. Bought 3 ton from Home Depot and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

Steve

Good luck with the shoulder.

I must have had a bad batch or needed to figure out different settings for the Eureka pellets. Now granted, I only tested 3 bags but my experience was not the same as both of you. I had excessive ash from the Eureka pellets at first. I bumped up my feed rate thinking they were burning fater than I was feeding, then I ended up with clinkers which makes them the first brand of pellets that I experienced this with.

I am glad to see that others are having better luck with them. Since your in WI Kooser and Stevie is in RI, it's hard to say if any of our came from the same plant. I couldn't find much on the Internet about these. No manufacturer site, so they must be a relabling product for like HD or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.