Trying to decide on Mendota vs Lopi inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DKW

Oct 12, 2020
Oregon
We currently have a twenty year old Enviro Gas natural gas unit. It still functions but we would like a unit with a more natural looking flame, more realistic logs, a quieter fan, and a remote. We have sort of narrowed it down to two units. They are; A. The Mendota FV441. B. The Lopi 430 Deluxe
The prices are not far off from each other, the Mendota being about $500 more. We are leaning towards the Mendota due to more variety in the front (not many options with the Lopi) and the better warrantee but the main things we are mainly looking for is a realistic flame and quieter fans. Both seem to be pretty equal in those areas, at least as far as we can tell seeing them and hearing them in showrooms.
I would appreciate it tremendously if anyone with experience with these units and how they might compare or differ, or the Mendota and Lopi brands in general, would be willing to share their knowledge and opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Okay, in reading through other threads asking about brands of gas inserts, I see almost none have responses so obviously that isn’t something that is typically answered here. So, could I at least ask that if I decide to go with either a Mendota or Lopi based on what I see and hear in the showrooms, could I expect to get good quality and reliability out of either of the two brands?