Trying to identify a laundry heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cureton2000

Aug 2, 2019
TN
20190709_154116.jpg
Hey folks! This is my first post. I am trying to identify this little laundry heater. Have looked on the back and underneath . Can't find a tag or any other type stamping besides what you see in the pic. Any help will be much appreciated.
20190709_154101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These were very common back in the day. So common that they became somewhat generic. And there were a lot of foundries in GA, TN AL, etc. so it may be hard to further identify. Search on the back of the stove plates, the door, etc. for any other identifying marks.

The backs of the plates are two places I haven't checked. Do you know what the numbers mean? Any idea how old it is? Thanks for your reply.

Used from the late 1880s through the depression.

Reactions: cureton2000