Turbulenz Ash Vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'd go for it. My ash vac is the loudest POS on the planet but forget the brand. It was also a little more money than 60 bucks.

Just for my education only: How and for what do you guys use these vacs? A wood stove, or something else? I've never had the urge to do anything but use a straight blade shovel into a metal bucket (a wood stove). But maybe that's old school. What advantage do the special vacs have? Thanks.

I mostly use mine at the end of the season when doing a good cleaning of the stove -- above the baffle, in the firebox, etc. . . . always several days after I have had my last fire.

In the past I also used it to clean up around the hearth . . . but mostly these days I use a small whisk broom.

Reactions: DUMF
Just for my education only: How and for what do you guys use these vacs? A wood stove, or something else? I've never had the urge to do anything but use a straight blade shovel into a metal bucket (a wood stove). But maybe that's old school. What advantage do the special vacs have? Thanks.
never owned one, but when i had a wood stove in the house i would of loved to had one for sweeping up fly ash around the stove. they are designed so that is you get a hot ember it wont catch on fire.

never owned one, but when i had a wood stove in the house i would of loved to had one for sweeping up fly ash around the stove. they are designed so that is you get a hot ember it wont catch on fire.
No they will still catch fire. The filters are very flammable.

It is just a rebadged Powersmith. I have two of them. The filters are made of fiberglass. But they ain't the most powerful suction around. I don't know what they are using that 10 amps for and I have no desire to suck hot embers into them to test flammability.

Reactions: seaninnj
I own one purchased at job lot as well. It’s a 40 gallon. It works great! Only problem is finding filters. I just found a 12” filter on eBay for 20.00. The secondary filter fell apart before first season was over. But the motor sucks real well. Anyone have suggestions on filters?