Twist the rod.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
After several years of cleaning stainless stove pipe I have learned an important trick I thought I would share.

I often almost got the fiberglass rod juctions caught on the seams in the pipe joints (especially if your pipe makes any slight turns).

I now get a pair of locking vise grips and lock onto the nearest rod joint and turn clockwise (tightening threads on rods) and pull down at the same time you turn.

This makes the rod joints slip like a spiral right over the inside pipe joints and the rod comes out smooth as silk every time.

The rod joints seem to want to catch on the inside pipe joints when trying to remove the rods.............this trick eliminates this problem completely.

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.