Two stage snow blower suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you would be happy with either an Ariens or Toro model. Those were the two i was looking at before i decided on the Ariens. Stay away from the entry level ariens, i think i see them at HD called sno-tek or something like that. I went with Ariens because i wanted a tracked unit for my steep drive. I have beat the heck out of it for three years, still looks and runs like new. We have a 28" toro at work which throws some snow, even wet. 28" i think is a good size. Anything bigger and you really have to start paying attention to engine size. The more you scoop up the more power you need.

The bigger engine you have the more cash you'll have to pour in as gas. Be careful not to get too much bigger than you need.

Any snowblower will probably make you happy if you've been shoveling it by hand.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.