Ugga Ugga New burner to the cave heater line up ;)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Yeap,
There is 2 big boys in da house now. The newest to the line up might not make it into action this year, but its in the addition and waiting on me ;)
BTW, getting it out of the truck and into the house by yourself (while the OL watches, telling me how her guts are gonna fall out when she tried to help lift it LMAO) is a real PITA. I must be getting old.
3 Lowes stores later, 60 miles and $476.47 including tax and now there is enough heating power in here to give the nuke plant a serious run for its money.
;)

Attachments

• Ugga Ugga New burner to the cave heater line up ;)
    NEW STOVE.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 460
YEE Gadz!! It looks purty just sittin there! So heavy, even a Neanderthal struggles a bit with it? ;-)

Hogwildz said:
Yeap,
There is 2 big boys in da house now. The newest to the line up might not make it into action this year, but its in the addition and waiting on me ;)
BTW, getting it out of the truck and into the house by yourself (while the OL watches, telling me how her guts are gonna fall out when she tried to help lift it LMAO) is a real PITA. I must be getting old.
3 Lowes stores later, 60 miles and $476.47 including tax and now there is enough heating power in here to give the nuke plant a serious run for its money.
;)

Yes! A real wood stove in that house finally. Now you know what I went through. Twice! Heavy sumbitchs they are.

But you got it for $1.04 a pound. :lol:

I hear ya there...It was fun getting it out of the truck..they put it in with a fork lift at home depot..it took me and my neighbor and a two wheeler to wrestle it in the house..I'm glad that is over with!

Sweet Hog, you scored! Congratulations. That is a great deal.

How many channels you get on the sucker?

Correct, I now have a real insert & a real stove. Can you say.... meltdown? :)
BTW the Summers Heat is in the office which is 204 sq footprint with 10' ceilings LMAO. I will be going through closet with duct & duct fan, and also a return duct & duct fan, and an additional 2 openings into the main house, and added ceiling fans in the office and bedroom also. And yes, I will find the fuselink register grates for fire protection.The addition is 750 sf. But is 8750 cubic feet with the 10' ceilings. Sliding glass door next to Summers Heat if need be. Or crack the garage door and keep the hawg warm too ;)
I have to say looks a lot bigger in the addition than it does in the store LOL.
Going to put the legs on her. Don't like the pedestal all that much.

Ummm, this doesn't necessarily mean I have a wood burning problem does it? I can really put the splits down at any time. I just don't want to right now ;)

BeGreen said:
Sweet Hog, you scored! Congratulations. That is a great deal.

How many channels you get on the sucker?

3...............Hot....................Hotter......................Hot as HELL! ;)

ok hog, i been waiting for this... welcome to the family bro!

by the way , remembering the fun you had with that door gasket a while back , after the first cook in fire, be careful opening the door after that first fire sometimes the gasket tries to stick to the newly cooked in paint

stoveguy2esw said:

Ty sir. The real welcome will be when I get my arse to VA. so we can all get together and get sheet faced ;)
A good ol southern family reunion :) I have lots of questions for you Mike, but won't trouble you till its install time.
And yes I will give a fair open minded comparison when both are up and running together.

stoveguy2esw said:

by the way , remembering the fun you had with that door gasket a while back , after the first cook in fire, be careful opening the door after that first fire sometimes the gasket tries to stick to the newly cooked in paint

Noted. How much are the side shields?
I am thinking silver flame job on the sides & maybe top ;) Silver on black just can't go wrong ;)

Hogwildz said:
I have lots of questions for you Mike, but won't trouble you till its install time.

The door is the thing with the handle on it and glass in the middle.

And don't melt the glass on this one damnit!

Hogwildz said:
I am thinking silver flame job on the sides & maybe top ;) Silver on black just can't go wrong ;)

The shields are a hundred and change with shipping. If you get the shields they are just going to have to have chrome pipes added to them.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

The shields are a hundred and change with shipping. If you get the shields they are just going to have to have chrome pipes added to them.
I just got new pipes on the hawg, I'll use the old ones on Beast #2. $150.00??? I might be making them myself.
Oh I thought that thing was the ash pan, and the door was the lil one underneath. I was wondering how I would get the wood in there ;)
As far as the glass, they need to make a glass that can handle my punishment damnit !!!!!

$1.00 a pound is cheaper than Boston Butt

Is that a box of records?

I would have bought one to re-sell if Lowes had any around here.

babalu87 said:
$1.00 a pound is cheaper than Boston Butt

Is that a box of records?

I would have bought one to re-sell if Lowes had any around here.
Yeap thats some vinyl records you see there. Wow, I never thought they would "show my age" LOL.
I should have bought the other stoves and resold em on craigs list ;).

I wish I had the time to swap all mine over from vynil to CD/CPU
When I did the woodstove install I also put the home theatre/dvd/cd/vcr in the den closet to control by remote. Couldnt squeeze the record player in there :(

babalu87 said:
When I did the woodstove install I also put the home theatre/dvd/cd/vcr in the den closet to control by remote. Couldnt squeeze the record player in there :(

When we bought our daughter her new matress, the guy in the store had a program on his computer that he was transfering vinyl tunes to cd. Looked like he had some kind of turn table hooked to the puter. He said the program even took the scratches & hiss out of songs. That crate is all I have left of my albums.
I always liked albums when younger cause ya got the posters and bigger artwork etc.

Hogwildz said:
babalu87 said:

When we bought our daughter her new matress, the guy in the store had a program on his computer that he was transfering vinyl tunes to cd. Looked like he had some kind of turn table hooked to the puter. He said the program even took the scratches & hiss out of songs. That crate is all I have left of my albums.
I always liked albums when younger cause ya got the posters and bigger artwork etc.

i got a ton of classic vinyl myself, id love to know what the gizmo he had was, id get one just to be able to transfer the music over so it wouldnt get messed up by the sheer age of the albums

stoveguy2esw said:
Hogwildz said:
babalu87 said:

i got a ton of classic vinyl myself, id love to know what the gizmo he had was, id get one just to be able to transfer the music over so it wouldnt get messed up by the sheer age of the albums

Next time I go by there, I'll stop in and ask him. I think it was more the computer program than anything else. The turntable looked like a regular turntable. Not sure though. I ask when i get by there.

Wow thats a big boy. What are the tree lengths that baby will take? I like. Thats a non cat for the north climate for sure. Congrats.

I'm not sure how many unwritten wood burning rules you are breaking with a PE and an Englander in the same house.
congrats on the new stove.
just a side question are you tring to heat your house or build the worlds biggest oven???

Well since Corie is too busy to develop a 7cf firebox stove. I figure I'll suffice with a combo of 6.5 cf ;)
When addition is done, will be heating about 3200sf with high ceilings etc.
Plus I just have to have all the firepower. ;)
And lastly, I want to give the nuke plant a run for its money. Figure if I can heat the town, I can steel some of da man's business ;)

Maybe I can breed the two and get a few Summlanders.

I still say preheat the oven don't even bother...
just set the pan of muffins on the counter come back in a hour...
voilà fresh baked blue berry muffins.

"summlanders" priceless :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.