Ugly contest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having some fun, HH. ::-)

More for your viewing pleasure:
Yep, an ax or hatchet has to be within arm's reach when it gets that nasty. <>

Reactions: CMAG and Jags
Upon seeing some real uglies on here, this is only a bit ugly, but I'll share..... :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377903003604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377903003604.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: HDRock
Not sure what's the ugliest but here 3 to pick from.534272_3936899453415_503351174_n.jpg

Well, this is a piece of cherry I busted up last year, think is better than the gum I got. Got nothing on ol Jags::-)

Attachments

• DSCN0952.JPG
    DSCN0952.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0953.JPG
    DSCN0953.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 138
I suspect that some of the long timers are getting tired of it.;) I whip it out on request. (more innuendo?)

Had some white oak a couple weeks ago that looked pretty close CMAG's post above. Made them into stove chow, but should take some pics. Fugly. Nice thing about my splitter...if it don't split it, it will cut it. If it doesn't cut it, it will CRUSH it.::-)
Nah, we need to be reminded once a year why it is wise to pass Elm up.

A friend of my son has been trying to give an Elm that he dropped two years ago away for free. He says they call but never show up. I guess he tells them it's Elm, and that's the end of the conversation. He offered it to us, and at the time I didn't know it was Elm that was so stringy. Learned it here and saved a bunch of unnecessary screamin', cussin' and jumpin' around all mad. :mad:

Awesome! The new editor is up already, and now I can add emoticons while using my iPad. Nice job, Craig.:)

Here's my entries . . . some of these will be going to the camp fire/burn pit pile. My feeling: they're ugly, but they're also BTU whether it be in a woodstove or in a campfire.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 178
Doesn't look like much, but with the combination of a 'corkscrew' like grain and a few cross branches, this piece of hedge took out another maul handle. At least I got almost a full cord out of this handle! I started splitting some by hand just for the workout, but at this rate, it's probably cheaper to get a gym membership!

anothercordofhedge-anotherhandle_zps5af0f65b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.