All Other States UK Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Western European's fear of climate change has created a wood pellet craze. This is driving the worldwide demand for wood pellet fuel and upsetting the market here in the US. The most recent data available is here: http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/2013/biomass-faq-2/
This graph shows just how much UK demand for wood pellets is driving growth in exports from the southern US – imports almost tripled between 2012 & 2013.
Plans in Europe are to continue building more wood pellet fuel powered power generation plants.

Western European's fear of climate change has created a wood pellet craze. This is driving the worldwide demand for wood pellet fuel and upsetting the market here in the US. The most recent data available is here: http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/2013/biomass-faq-2/
This graph shows just how much UK demand for wood pellets is driving growth in exports from the southern US – imports almost tripled between 2012 & 2013.
Plans in Europe are to continue building more wood pellet fuel powered power generation plants.

Interesting stuff, however the reports relate to electricity generation as opposed to home heating. Pellet stoves exist in Europe and in the case of certain heavily wooded areas such as Austria / Germany, Scandanavia etc have done some for some time. I have no idea how much of the UK or EU domestic heating market is served by pellets from North America, but based on the link I sent which in the main has certified origins, it's not much if any at all.

And these have NOTHING to do with the home pellet market up north. But it is true that pellet prices will rise right after the election.....wait a minute, I meant oil prices.

Reactions: rickjohn
Yes exactly right, the home pellet market is so lucrative American pellet manufacturers will peddle their product up north a ton at a time rather than exporting them to Europe by the freighter full.

Lets see now. The EU want to burn wood pellets versus oil because of climate change. Switching from oil to cutting down green trees to burn wood pellets is not going to reduce C02 on the planet earth. Hello EU. live trees take CO2 out of air.

Reactions: rickjohn
Lets see now. The EU want to burn wood pellets versus oil because of climate change. Switching from oil to cutting down green trees to burn wood pellets is not going to reduce C02 on the planet earth. Hello EU. live trees take CO2 out of air.
And. those ships crossing the Atlantic are burning a lot of oil getting there. But I'm a denier so what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.