Unnecessarily large saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Local dealer tried to sell me a 395 years ago when I first ventured into logging. I think he saw a big guy and figured he would unload it on me, his main selling point was with a long bar on it I wouldn't have to bend over as far to limb. I ended up buying a 266xp with a 20" bar, for around my area it is lots of saw for most applications.

If you have it you will find a use for it. It’s nice to have the correct tool for the job. I can’t justify the cost of a pro saw but the 90cc class saw have a place. B1EE35BC-ADC0-4792-BB6B-5D7D73B416FD.jpeg

Attachments

• 42881A70-9A41-40D1-8C08-E44D4295FB0E.jpeg
    42881A70-9A41-40D1-8C08-E44D4295FB0E.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Nealm66 and Diabel
Ok, that was a poor attempt at humor. Definitely not a limbing saw. One thing I should mention is your arms are probably going to get tired pretty quick. Just be careful because that’s when you should put it down and grab the smaller saw to finish up
this right here is great advice. as soon as you notice yourself getting bagged, stumbling a bit more, dragging your feet - anything - it's time to stop for a break. that is when accident's happen

I'm a little late but a big saw is a ton of fun. It is a lot of work and harder on the back but will power through any size log with ease. I run nothing but a MS 660 Stihl and love it but it a big saw and more work. I even had an MS 880 but was to much saw but still fun. It is a good plan to have a big saw and the smaller saws. My father has a Ms361 and An old 039 great for smaller stuff. 9 out of 10 times when we are cutting the old mad 64 years and still tough as nails grabs mine or my brothers 660 to cut.