Up and Running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
Got the 61 installed today. 3" out of the stove to a tee, then 4" liner 20' to a terra cotta cap.

image.jpg

Got the 61 installed today. 3" out of the stove to a tee, then 4" liner 20' to a terra cotta cap.

View attachment 131136
I know I probably shouldn't be confused, I thought you had a P61a running already ? I must have missed something (wouldn't be unusual).. But condrats anyway !

I know I probably shouldn't be confused, I thought you had a P61a running already ? I must have missed something (wouldn't be unusual).. But condrats anyway !

I do. I installed this one at my in-laws today. They picked it up used. I cleaned it and replaced the flame guide, door and ash pan gaskets, and new combustion fan. Removed the motors and blew them out with the compressor.

Had fun restoring it and hooking it up, I had mine done by my dealer. If I knew it was that easy, I would have done mine also.

Maybe tired of listening to them whine about their high fuel bills.:)

I do have a lot of work and time into, but it's all good. Saved them some money and I got a chance to do an install. I'm gonna a work on finishing my basement and install a p38+.

That too, he has a coal/wood boiler in the cellar and he's gettin to old to be handling wood.

You're a good man Hoot - pay it forward is a good policy... especially for the in-laws:)

Reactions: Hoot23
That too, he has a coal/wood boiler in the cellar and he's gettin to old to be handling wood.
We have this little bible study group that gets together twice a month, once at our house and once at the pastors house. He has a little wood stove in his living room and a bigger one in the basement. But he runs that living room stove with the door open ( I think he doesn't understand the internal damper so it goes out if he closes the stove up). Man for a little stove, first it throws some serious heat but secondly, running it that way it chews a load of split wood about every 30 minutes or so. But ya know he is in his 70's, I doubt he is changing anything soon. They all marvel at my P61, can't get over the self feeding feature and the room thermostat.

Reactions: Hoot23
Thanks Lake Girl, installers around here wanted $350-$450 to install and that didn't include any venting. They are good folks. I would rather do this any day than help him cut, split, and stack the 10 cord he gets every year.

We have this little bible study group that gets together twice a month, once at our house and once at the pastors house. He has a little wood stove in his living room and a bigger one in the basement. But he runs that living room stove with the door open ( I think he doesn't understand the internal damper so it goes out if he closes the stove up). Man for a little stove, first it throws some serious heat but secondly, running it that way it chews a load of split wood about every 30 minutes or so. But ya know he is in his 70's, I doubt he is changing anything soon. They all marvel at my P61, can't get over the self feeding feature and the room thermostat.

My father-in-law has a wood stove in the living room also and they do pump the heat man. Christmas Day he likes to get hat thing pumpin and everyone has beads of sweat running off their face.

Nice install,
Stove looks like it was made for that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.