Update - bought the Ariens 27 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a great splitter. Good luck with it.

MofoG23 said:
I probably would have done the same thing - both are pretty solid units!

Be fun to run them side by side. We do this alot with a husky 22-ton and its got the 6.5 motor. That robin motor is something I haven't seen one on a splitter til now.

smokinjay said:
MofoG23 said:
I probably would have done the same thing - both are pretty solid units!

Be fun to run them side by side. We do this alot with a husky 22-ton and its got the 6.5 motor. That robin motor is something I haven't seen one on a splitter til now.

I was borrowing a 22 ton Swisher from the neighbor before I bought this. It also has a 6/6.5 B&S on it.....running them side by side they were damn near the same speed on the cycle - fast enough for me. :)

Most 22 tonners are using a 11gpm pump however Speeco told me on their unit the actual output is less (motor rpms lower than pump spec) and in the 2nd stage its around 1 gpm. Don't know why they don't at least offer the next pump size up as an option. I'm pushing 22gpm into that 4" cylinder which is about the max the 1/2" lines can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.