Upgrading from Jotul F400 to BK Ashford question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rijim

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
RI
Upgrading stoves to gain longer burn times and more consistent output. Question is, I’m heating 1100sq. ft. ; is the BK Ashford 30 too large and the 20 would be a better fit?

Look at the output specs between 20 and 30. The 30 actually has a lower output on low. I believe there are far more reasons to get a 30 than a 20.

Longer burns at consistent lower output will really help heat your small space with greater comfort.

Should be fine. The Ashford just has a larger tank.

Thanks for confirming, seemed like I was missing something when I compared them. I’ll place a 30 on order next week.

Called and ordered the 30.2; salesman offered me the display model so I took it to reduce any chance of delayed delivery. Can’t say that I want to rush the fall but looking forward to the break in burn/s.