I am starting the process of researching the replacement of the existing wood stove in our Lake Tahoe cabin. The existing wood stove works well, but we are looking to replace it with one that is more efficient, and just newer/safer. I am new to wood stoves, so I am looking to this forum for help with my decision on the right stove and what expect in terms of installation requirements/cost.
- The current wood stove I believe is Oregon brand and is about 40 years old. (see pictures)
- The cabin is about 1600 sqft 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. All on one level.
- What size stove should I get?
- I am researching the Lopi Endeavor, Jotul F500, Blaze king Ashford 30.2/ SIROCCO SC30.2, Osburn 1700/2000; but I am open to recommendations for others in this quality/price range. I want something that is easy to use/clean and built well. I welcome input here.
- What do I need to be concerned about for installation?
- What should I expect for installation cost?