urgent 10-cpm issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried running it at 3-5-1 as well. I loosened and re-tightened the sensor screw. I have not tried a reset of the board...how do i do that?

the auger runs every few seconds and drops pellets during startup. The stirrer doesn't seem to run until it exits the startup mode.

there is also a green blinking light on the circuit board when the stove is shut off. I don't know what that means.

I just did a search for the reset procedure. I unplug and then plug back in and immediately press all 3 lower buttons and should get an F5 that eventuallyl disappears, correct? then i can do a reset to 3-5-1 or 1-4-1 etc.

The stirrer should start turning about 1/2" on each pellet drop, a few minutes after pushing the start-up button and will not go into the normal 1/8" turn until the stove comes up to temp and the "huffer" stops running continuously.

If the stirrer isn't running at all until after the start-up mode is done, there's something wrong.

To do a hard control board re-set:

1. Have the stove off. Then, un-plug, and plug the stove back in.

2. Within 5 seconds, press all 3 bottom buttons at the same time....you should get "F 5" in the display, and then it will turn off.

3. Do a check of what mode you're in (make sure it's in "pellet" mode...see P. 16 in owners manual).

4. Re-set bottom buttons to 1-4-1, and let all of the display go out....re-start stove.

i did the reset...got the F5...and i reset it to 3-5-1. I realize 1-4-1 is the factory setting but i'm trying to get more flame.

I made a mistake on the stirrer. It works during startup...my fault.

it's also worth noting that i'm using american wood fiber pellets which are good and hot. The green light is blinking during start up as well. it may blink after start up but i'm not sure. I'm restarting the stove as we speak....

The green LED blinks all of the time, as long as the power is plugged in.

This all sounds VERY familiar. Pellet mode....*waits for results*

k gents...we may be getting somewhere. just checked it after shutdown and it was, in fact, in mode 3. What's that???compressed silage??lol
i switched to 1 and restarted...

It will work....mine, too, was in 3.

If this is, in fact, what this stove was set to, I'm going to shoot a PM to Mike H and tell him. They may need to double check the settings before shipping them out.

The email to mike is a good idea...mine was set to 3. After I switched it to 1, i checked my feed rate, low burn, and air settings and they were 3-1-1 which confused me. I switched those back to 3-5-1. I notice a more lively flame after going to mode 1, but the fire still is very inconsistent...getting big and small in intervals. The blower still isn't kicking on...UGH

I'll hold off on the message to Mike for now. If you're sure that all the plugs on the control board are on tight, and all the settings are correct, then I'm not sure what else to try.

BTW, was this a brand new stove from a store, a rebuilt one from a place like AmFm Energy, or a used stove?

EDIT: Never mind....I found it...a new stove.

i shut it down....the blower should've been on by that time....
guess i'll wait for mike....i'm pretty dejected right now....it seems as though the only explanation is a bad sensor
seems hard to believe for a new stove though...who knows...

Thanks a ton for all the quick and steady help tonight....have a good evening all

it seems like there's a tick of play with the sensor plug on the board...but it's pushed on as tight as it will go. Everything else seems to work ok....the ignitor burst of air sound continues even after start up mode is complete. i think that's normal.

The "huffer" (air pump) is supposed to run continually during start-up to blow the super heated air from the ignitor across the pellets. When start-up mode is finished, and the heat sensor detects a proper temp, it then goes into a "huff" mode....just a short burst of air during each pellet drop, just to keep the ignitor tube clear of ash.

that's what mine is doing. It's transitioning from start up mode into regular mode fine, but that sensor isn't telling the blower to kick on. Does the same sensor tell the stove to transition from start up to regular?

I apologize if i've repeated myself etc tonight, just beat after a long day and was hoping to sit in front of the stove with a nice cocktail to finish out the weekend.

AFAIK, that sensor is what tells the control board to kick on the room blower when it sees 110 °F .

I sent Mike H. a PM about this, but I'd give him a call at Englander tomorrow if you can.

i'll definitely be calling first thing...8am or 9am?

I had good experiences with their customer line when i got the 25-pdvc.

Status
Not open for further replies.