US Stove 5660 - OAK Butterfly Valve!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

In the new 5660 pellet stove owner's manual page 15 Figure 7, show the damper to the OAK.

I looked and it is not there. I called US Stove Company customer support. They stated it no longer comes with the stove but because it is still in the manual they will ship it out free of charge. It will take 3-5 days. I called Saturday and got it the next wed!

Has anyone else had this problem? No sticker on the side that says High Low Air Flow! Also no 1/2" long 10/24 bolts for the built in nuts on each side of one end! (See right end is Pic 2 below)

8. The air intake pipe is equipped with a butterfly valve that is preset to maximum air intake. For
optimum operating efficiency you may calibrate the butterfly valve to provide less intake air. (See
Figure 7) Caution: Too much restriction on the intake air will cause dirtier burn, therefore, will
require more frequent cleaning.

Attachments

• USstove5660OakButterflyInManual.jpg
    USstove5660OakButterflyInManual.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 385
  • USstove5660OakButterfly (2).jpg
    USstove5660OakButterfly (2).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 407
  • USstove5660OakButterfly (1).jpg
    USstove5660OakButterfly (1).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 439
got a part number for that valve?

Line# Item/Catalog
001 892076 Assembly, Damper (Air Intake)-5660

You must supply the Stove Serial # and approx purchase date for it to be a No Charge item under warranty

LOL

The old Englander could use some tweaking... ;)

To much air, eh?

That may work well... Remember, it may "void warranty"! LOL ;)

I bet thats a pretty cheap part. If your stove gets to much air/draft and your air setting is already down. Then it may really help.....
You have the part # now ;)

Reactions: smoke show
Good thing Jay is awol for the summer or he'd be calling me Pook.

Status
Not open for further replies.