US Stove King Ashley 5500 Exhaust blower cycling on and off - pulse mode operation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
The US Stove King Ashley 5500 & 5500m
has a similar control panel as the US Stove 6041 multi fuel.
This is the 5500 model with manufacturer date of 2005 and serial # 3117
The owner's manual for this stove does not show this mode? See attached manual below.
This post is to report a similar issue with this model even with the newer control panel. It has the newest control panel not the old panel with the 3 - A B C buttons and still does the cycling. Sometimes the cycling is much more noticeable than other times,
This vide shows the cycling or pulse mode. It is not as noticeable but if you listen carefully you can hear the sound of it turning get louder and softer. Also the speed changing is barely visible.

Therefore, to stop the cycling you can put the control panel in manual mode and take the draft fan out of auto.

110A8564-E149-41C4-9470-64928200CFA2.jpeg 11D52048-D499-4C74-BEC5-B55F3720EEC8.jpeg D60143C3-03D2-4ED1-9465-1BDFCEA45E81.jpeg

Attachments

• USstoveKingAshley5500-use-and-care-manual.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Reactions: ARC and Washed-Up
Looks like is normal for the 5500 also--

Reactions: ARC and Washed-Up
I have a USSC/American Harvest 6500. The draft fan also continually pulses. I believe I van set it on manual and it won’t, but I just run it on auto. I have read where this is normal operation. Some have said once it gets to temp it will stop, but mine doesn’t. Others have said it should always pulse. That it is designed to do it and is supposed to give a better burn some how.

Either way, my 6500 burns well. Produces good heat and I don’t have any issues with incomplete burn or an over flowing burn pot.