US stove wiseway-gravity fed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's a long read, over 5 pages but I think it will answer a whole bunch of questions about your stove.
One thing for sure is that you will need to burn it and burn it again and again, so that when you really do need it you already know what works and what doesn't.

Thank you and that was interesting for I was very worried about those baskets that burn the pellets for there has been a lot of complains on that items from breaking down to quick and pellets getting stuck and I notice that some of these stoves changed from holes to bars and I do not know what that is about. Now I want to share something with all you good people who have contributed to my well being of feeling secure when things go the other way "which could happen". I am not computer wise but I will try to get a link on here for you to look at and address to see what you all think...Before I do this I express that this stove or whatever is only used in a emergency to where the gas and electric shuts off for some unknown reason. I do have a stand by generator that I love but it is run by natural gas and works wonderful after ten years---this is my second defense and the space I want to heat is 10x10 so here is the link I hope for I discovered it today..
http://clarrypelletstove.com/residential-certified-stoves/

On the Eco Fan. They are neat and lets you know how hard the stove is working. On Moving Air? Sure they move air equal to mouse fart. Will it help heat down the hall. Depends on how cold it is really. I gave mine away when we upgraded to pellets. They don't work on pellet stoves.

For moving air down the hallway I use couple of box fans with 20x20 filter stuck on them. Filter really cleans the air of "White Dust". With Wood stove and pot on top we did not get "White Dust". Just white layer of rock to chip off if any spilled. https://www.hvac.com/faq/white-dust-concerned/#:~:text= How to get rid of white dust,the dust is too much to... More

That's what I was thinking does it move air?? Looks like a wonderful toy..Now how about the Clarry pellet stove now that seems interesting to me at least on the video for all I have to heat is 10x10 room just in a emergency...What do you think--its a neat little thing that I could put together. Just wondering for I could cancel my Wiseway order tomorrow if this thing would would work..???

I have been doing checking on that Clarry Stove--above link--and I think I will stay with the Wiseway for that little cute camping stove got to feel dangerous as well as burning 40 pounds of pellets in 8 hours to where one could possibly get 30 hours on a bad of pellets. But it sure is easy to put together and it would feel nice to be warm in a tent with hot coffee heating..Dreaming here..lol lol

Today I was figuring out a design for this heater and do you people think that 5x5 feet would be enough to move around in with this heater that is 52 inches high and 16 inches in depth and 24 inches in width..? If you can picture this wiseway stove I want to be able to pour the pellets in the back with no problem so it will be situated in the middle of this space with the baskets facing front and the heater glass on the left side facing towards a main house window from the back porch that I use for outside storage right now and this will be closed in by April when the concrete people lay concrete over the river rock...So bottom line is 5x5 feet enough of space if I situate the heater in the middle of this area. There is a 2nd 5x5 feet area that I am trying to keep for myself (storage and stuff like that)..What do you all think?

A photo of the space would help

had a furnace from them, motor bearings went south in 2 months, had an automatic damper basicly an auto overfire system. This was tied into the conventional heating system. never could trust it. Best I ever got burn/heat time wise was apx 4 hours on good dry hardwood( was supposed a minimum of 8 hr. at the time their phone service was a joke, those replacement motors were way overpriced. Never did get that damper to work correctly. Pulled it , put an Englander NC30 (Conventional wood stove) on the main floor and never looked back. Sold it to a guy for his pole barn. moved 3 years ago out in the sticks. installed another NC30 heats all 2200 sq ft , 20+ below zero with the wind howling and it's 75 inside without pushing the limits. Admittedly the new to me place is much more energy efficient than my former abode. The Conventional system is propane. I have a backup genny on propane for electric. Got to do something about electric besides the genny as the grid pricing has gotten out of hand. ( course what hasn't gone through the roof price wise)

I did not know where to post this because I am new and slow on computers. Because I am a person who is not really mechanical and having to hire out for people to do things for me I have bought one of these stoves from Ace and it will arrive next week delivered. I picked this pellet stove because of needing no electricity and I am getting ready for the solar flares or other dangerous things happening in the next few years that I am alive and I do not want to be cold. I am old and feeble. I watched all the u-tube video's on this stove and I bought it because I wish to use it in just a emergency if need be for my first defense is having a good generator but if my gas goes out I want to have a second defense which is this strange looking stove. With this stove I bought two three inch --3 feet long double insulated straight piping for a start and did I do right or should I order a different piping size? I intend to have piping go straight up to the roof and out in a storage type of add on room which is 10x10 enclosed with possible some windows--not built yet (April) my outside area under a good roof will be enclosed. The roof is slanted from high to low on the far side but intend to put the heater on the high end thinking it might get better air flow..(about 84 inches ceiling). I just got a estimate to do the work on the install for 2700 dollars and I am thinking this is way too high in price especially without the stove..Now if you good people can offer me any suggestions about this situation I am creating--I would truly appreciate. I most likely will never use it after the first few burns if it gets that far for it is only in a emergency in case I need it for I do not want to freeze. I worry about everything--cme"s solar flares, sun bursts, lol lol..politics, Lots of things to worry about lol lol..Maybe this will be my first and last post before you people get sick of me...Good Luck to Us All---lol lol---Clancey..
My advice is to study the history and experience of the people who have bought one and learn from them. A lot of dealers sold them with a money back warranty and since quit handling them because their customers returned them as they couldn't make them work safely. You might have trouble finding someone to install it for you because if you have problems with it you might blame them . It sounds as though you have no experience and are in the learning phrase. You might be far better off buying a small LP heater and a 100lb storage cylinder for emergency use only. You could use the LP for cooking too.
If you are determined to get a wiseway. put a add in Craigs list or want to buy sites as I am sure you could get one for a couple hundred dollars. Try Googling Wiseway stoves to learn more about them.

All you people seem to have quite a bit of experience here especially with know how about things for you have actual experience with using the different products and I am fully aware of that after really reading about the different problems that can happen in regard to the different heaters. Today I am cancelling my order for the Wiseway and as far as the "cute" camping stove idea I will put that out of my head as well for I know there is something that is better for me out there and just a matter of finding it with some knowledge to back me up. I will take a picture of the space (at least try to put it on here) so you can see what I am up against here with the back porch.. Now there is plenty of junk in the area so just forgive--lol lol...Thank you Wash up and Blades and Rona and sure do appreciate it..Rona that LP idea sounds very interesting and will check into that somewhat---------Great------Thank you and I will try to get a picture of the space that I have and maybe also a picture of one of my favorite hobbies (if I can figure out the picture posting ) working with a digital camera.. Thanks you all and will get back as soon as I cancel my order--wow I feel lighter now...thanks..clancey..

Reactions: Washed-Up
I took two pictures but having trouble putting them on here and a error pops up.. Need to find out how to put links on here from my e-mail working with a digital camera...ugh.. In the meanwhile I spoke with the installers and they were really nice and accepted my offer but had to add 250 for permits and stuff like that and I told them I cancelled out on the Wiseway and they actually seemed happy. They are suggesting a wood stove at this point. I asked about the wood and bugs she laughed and could not guarantee that there would be no bugs in the wood. She also said that the LP heater might be a good idea and suggested a small one like "My Buddy" or something and to tell you the truth I do not know if LP is the same as Butane. I will get my computer friend to help me get some pictures on here of my back porch at least show me how to do it...thanks..clancey Well I figured out the pictures and I do not know what I did--lol lol...

back porch=storage 001.JPG back porch=storage 005.JPG

Last edited:
had a furnace from them, motor bearings went south in 2 months, had an automatic damper basicly an auto overfire system. This was tied into the conventional heating system. never could trust it. Best I ever got burn/heat time wise was apx 4 hours on good dry hardwood( was supposed a minimum of 8 hr. at the time their phone service was a joke, those replacement motors were way overpriced. Never did get that damper to work correctly. Pulled it , put an Englander NC30 (Conventional wood stove) on the main floor and never looked back. Sold it to a guy for his pole barn. moved 3 years ago out in the sticks. installed another NC30 heats all 2200 sq ft , 20+ below zero with the wind howling and it's 75 inside without pushing the limits. Admittedly the new to me place is much more energy efficient than my former abode. The Conventional system is propane. I have a backup genny on propane for electric. Got to do something about electric besides the genny as the grid pricing has gotten out of hand. ( course what hasn't gone through the roof price wise)

Not sure what you are referencing, the Wiseway is totally radiant, there are no bearings to fail.

I took two pictures but having trouble putting them on here and a error pops up.. Need to find out how to put links on here from my e-mail working with a digital camera...ugh.. In the meanwhile I spoke with the installers and they were really nice and accepted my offer but had to add 250 for permits and stuff like that and I told them I cancelled out on the Wiseway and they actually seemed happy. They are suggesting a wood stove at this point. I asked about the wood and bugs she laughed and could not guarantee that there would be no bugs in the wood. She also said that the LP heater might be a good idea and suggested a small one like "My Buddy" or something and to tell you the truth I do not know if LP is the same as Butane. I will get my computer friend to help me get some pictures on here of my back porch at least show me how to do it...thanks..clancey Well I figured out the pictures and I do not know what I did--lol lol...

View attachment 275574 View attachment 275575
You have to keep in mid that it's a radiant heater. Enclosing it in that space will do nothing to let the produced heat circulate by convection.

Interesting, you have bars on your windows. I could never live like that but then I live in a rural area where there are few people to worry about what might or might not happen. Besides, breaking into this house would probably result in a bad ending for the burglar anyway.

My advice is to study the history and experience of the people who have bought one and learn from them. A lot of dealers sold them with a money back warranty and since quit handling them because their customers returned them as they couldn't make them work safely. You might have trouble finding someone to install it for you because if you have problems with it you might blame them . It sounds as though you have no experience and are in the learning phrase. You might be far better off buying a small LP heater and a 100lb storage cylinder for emergency use only. You could use the LP for cooking too.
If you are determined to get a wiseway. put a add in Craigs list or want to buy sites as I am sure you could get one for a couple hundred dollars. Try Googling Wiseway stoves to learn more about them.
Good Advice. Dealer up here quit selling them. I looked at them too. Went with Harmon XXV and Inverter/Charger and Couple of 100ah Batteries. I already had 7kw Genny. Have yet to go without heat. I can run my stove 12 hours on battery if needed. I Plan on Inverter/Generator oneday when I can spend the moola. Not in the least bit worried about World Ending. Best power outage stove is Small Wood Stove with Lots of Wood. I went to pellets from Blaze King King. Quite happy still (2018 Switched).

I do not know if LP is the same as Butane

When comparing propane and butane, the most important differences come down to the boiling point of the gases. Propane has a boiling temperature of -42°C, whilst butane has a higher boiling point at -2°C. ... When stored as a liquid in a tank, propane also exerts a greater pressure than butane at the same temperature.

You are darn right there for I really feel sorry for the burglar especially me with my black frying pan.. lol lol..Lived down south for years and never had a key for the door or bars on the windows but here it is a different story. Yea our Blades was most likely referencing a link that I put on for a "camping type" of stove and saying that the service was bad as well as referencing some other critter that he had problems with and I understood because I knew about the Clarry link and the bad service he got..In the meanwhile "Flip" I negotiated with the vent installer and they were very nice and accepted my offer but had to add 250 for permits and stuff like that and also suggested maybe a wood stove (of course they want to sell me one of their wood stoves)--lol. So we said good bye until another time--good people and I in the future will have them hook up whatever I decide to get..In April the concrete of 4 inches will be laid down in the porch area..And of course I am having fun on here reading all the postings and learning from them what I can learn...I"ll tell you one thing that vevolux whatever that was seem really neat and the man did a real nice job hooking up everything as well---what a job...Also the food pictures made me hungry and I am eating a walnut cream cake right now. The way I am going might eat the whole cake as I post to this forum. I'll find a good dependable heater that I will be able to work and since I am sure that I could get wood delivered here maybe that path for this is only for emergencies..Have not decided but looking on different website--craigs and ebay to see what I can drum up..Thanks for your suggestions and help everyone...clancey

Gosh I am going to have to get a need thread title now that I am not buying the Wiseway. They accepted my cancellation so now I am starting from scratch and now checking at wood stoves and I have seen the mini"s for tiny houses but I sort of want a floor model of some type. I know some can be back up with batteries in the pellet line and Dataman says that he can get 12 hrs of battery time on it..My main question is: Can they be recharged for another 12 hours and do you have to have two batteries to get that and can dealers set one up with a deal like that? See plenty of questions here and I heard you need marine batteries or something???Maybe wrong here but that's what I am thinking at this moment.. Thanks people for the good advice and I am glad I cancelled the other heater and I feel better about it now..One more question I can order some wood but do they have wood people that would make the wood smaller so that I could handle it. What would you call this: "Wood Cutters" for hire or something like that ? I really am tending towards a wood stove rather than a pellet stove but I do not know at this point. I want to be independent and with a pellet stove I could not be because i would be depending on places to buy pellets from. So I am still checking all of this out but I am curious about that battery backup system for that sounds neat to me especially if everything goes wacko to where there is no energy. I also want to figure out something to store wood in so that I won't have bugs in my porch and also to keep the wood very dry--do they have wood lockers or something?? Thanks clancey

Wood has Bugs. You never not going to have them. But they provide good heat.

I use Harmon XXV
AIMS 1250 Inverter/Charger
Two 100ah Batteries for Solar - UB121000 12V 100Ah
Plus Surge Protector

On my 3rd Year running pellets. I had to give up Wood after hurting my shoulder and Wife complaining about the Mess and Bugs (Sawdust from Logs and Moss). Timing was not great when I had 6 cords stacked and ready to go in May 2018.

Went from Blaze King King to Harmon XXV. Wood has advantages and so does Pellets. The Wood was FREE. We had lots of Trees down in 2014/2014/15. Over 60 trees. Plus some we took out too close to house.

We have 2600sq ft house with 2000ft up and 600 sq ft basement. We use Electric Heater downstairs that is built in the wall.

The Blaze King had 2 fans that were not quiet. But most of the time I just left them off. We used 2 box fans to push it down the hall. Only in the extreme cold would they run (-10f and below) . BK had expenses too, Catalyst had to be replaced. Gaskets and royal pain cleaning every week. I cleaned Pellet Stove ash pan other day like in 5 min. Took outside and dumped in snow. Not that it was hot really.

Still play Lumberjack when Wind Storms comes thru and knock down trees. At least not 60 of them to clean up again I hope! One in the picture was beyond my skill set. I hired 2 guys and they did the Widow Makers.
Now in Sept I go to Ace HW and order pellets and we load the back porch with 1 Ton and keep it loaded until January. Wife brings up 9 bags at a time with Tractor's Bucket. I load em and unload. She can put the bucket right where it's easy to get. Before Tractor we used wheel-barrel. We used about 3 Tons this year. I keep 4 tons on hand in the Fall. Very Warm Winter.

In the Spring I got my stove for $1000 off. Floor Model. I plan on keeping extra parts onhand. I already have Distribution Blower. Next Combusion Blower and Igniter. Have extra gaskets sitting. I changed out door Gasket this Winter (getting worn). Still got enough rope for 2 changes sitting.

Attachments

• DSCN0613.JPG
    DSCN0613.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 163
This Harmon that you have is very nice for a pellet stove if this is the right one maybe a different color.
I can understand all the work involved with the wood and this made it much easier for you and your family. Its a lot of work this wood gathering and cutting--something I cannot do so maybe the best way would be to get a pellet with a battery back up like what you have after all its only for a emergency because I have already a wonderful boiler heating system that I love plus the generator for the first line of defense if a solar flare should come out of the air or a emt--worry wort I am--lol lol--especially for these next few years. I am worried also if it puts off much smoke because my lungs cannot take this for they are not up to par for I am old and falling apart--shoulders, backs, elbows, lumber spine etc etc---plenty of ailments--lol...I am playing with all you good people and I hope you take what I say with a grain of salt..Seriously I need a second back up and we will work on this just to get the right one for me. In the meanwhile I am checking Craigs List and E-bay and reading everythng I can and I am sure I will have plenty of questions to ask...Thank you so much---that Harmon looks just wonderful especially in a copper color that won't stay that color..I forgot to look to see if that is cast iron--I will check that out too..thanks clancey...

Last edited:
This Harmon that you have is very nice for a pellet stove if this is the right one maybe a different color.
I can understand all the work involved with the wood and this made it much easier for you and your family. Its a lot of work this wood gathering and cutting--something I cannot do so maybe the best way would be to get a pellet with a battery back up like what you have after all its only for a emergency because I have already a wonderful boiler heating system that I love plus the generator for the first line of defense if a solar flare should come out of the air or a emt--worry wort I am--lol lol--especially for these next few years. I am worried also if it puts off much smoke because my lungs cannot take this for they are not up to par for I am old and falling apart--shoulders, backs, elbows, lumber spine etc etc---plenty of ailments--lol...I am playing with all you good people and I hope you take what I say with a grain of salt..Seriously I need a second back up and we will work on this just to get the right one for me. In the meanwhile I am checking Craigs List and E-bay and reading everythng I can and I am sure I will have plenty of questions to ask...Thank you so much---that Harmon looks just wonderful especially in a copper color that won't stay that color..I forgot to look to see if that is cast iron--I will check that out too..thanks clancey...

One thing to consider is hauling 40 lb bags of pellets is no picnic. When I had surgeries recently, I had to have someone bring bags in for me. With firewood I could have brought in a piece or two at a time.

You could buy wood split and delivered, and maybe even have someone stack it, or just stack a little at a time. It would be the most guaranteed method of staying warm if the power system gets fried.

I will say that a Harman is above my price point by a long shot and they don't run corn well either.

My prerequisites for a biomass stove are...

1. Cheap to purchase (I'm cheap), my wife says I'm frugal.
2. Produces an adequate amount of BTU's
3. Must be able to run Midwestern dent field corn as well as other biomass fuels with no hassle
4. User adjustable for firing rates, draft rates and convection blower rates
5. Solid construction (mass is everything, mass radiates heat)
6. Substantia fuel capacity (I hate filling them more than once a day)
7. Easy to clean out
8. Readily available component parts

Don't have to be pretty face. I'm into utility not fancy. Black or grey is all good with me. Why anyone would want a white stove is beyond me. especially one with a wimpy ashpan, but then it's not a corn stove anyway. That tiny ashpan might last me 2 days.

Pretty much narrows my choices to what I already own....

One thing to consider is hauling 40 lb bags of pellets is no picnic
I don't ever do that. M y corn / pellet mix comes in via a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a wire handle on top and I load it from 4 30 gallon plastic (Rubbermaid) lidded garbage cans on a pallet and when it's time to refill the cans the pallet and the cans go to the barn to get filled.

2 years ago I was opened up from my breastbone to my belly button to halfway around my right side and I had no issue filling the stove or the cans. the pallet goes on the back deck and it's but a 10 foot walk from the cans to the stove hopper.

I found it more difficult to kneel down and remove the bottom of the cleanout Tee than anything else about maintaining the stove and filling it with fuel.

I'm 71 going on 72 this years btw.

That's serious cutting you have had your getting up there too so need to take a easy with the body I can sure understand that and lucky you can carry anything and bending down is a real b. What do you think about the Ashley propane that I posted just for a emergency use. I could never run a pellet stove or wood one for that matter for a long time---just trying to stay out of warming stations with hundreds of other people and be in my home and I am older than you--I am 75 and feeling every ache...but still walking and talking and God is Good and we are so very fortunate to even be here on earth..Praise the Lord.. Thanks for the sincere posting and how about that Ashley?

Last edited: