Used husky 346XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Another C/L ad., but posted only about 4 hrs. ago. Has an 18" bar, less than 10 hrs. on the saw. Asking $265. Thoughts?

The 346 is an aswesome 50cc saw Thats a great price!

That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm trying to hook up with the guy tonight, 'cause I think it will sell quick.

Beetle-Kill said:
That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm trying to hook up with the guy tonight, 'cause I think it will sell quick.

yes it will, they sale for over 500.00 new.

Spoke with the guy tonight. Sounds like a very decent sorta fellow, hard times and a divorce impending. I'm gonna' meet him tomorrow night, as I have first right of refusal( his statement). BUT- the saw may be 4-5 years old, he doesn't remember exactly when he bought it. Any points of concern for that age range? He stated it may only have 4 hours on it, he couldn't remember. I'm bringing fresh fuel to start it, anything to look for? Thanks Smokin'- appreciate the input. JB

There's a new edition 346 that has more power than the old--I think the silver chain cover (new) shows the difference. Also, there's something about a cat muffler some of them have--not sure to tell the difference, but you want it without the cat. Lastly, just look 'er over and start 'er up--I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell a lot about it from the looks of 'er.

Good luck--from what I've read, the 346 is a stellar piece of machinery.

S

Beetle-Kill said:
Spoke with the guy tonight. Sounds like a very decent sorta fellow, hard times and a divorce impending. I'm gonna' meet him tomorrow night, as I have first right of refusal( his statement). BUT- the saw may be 4-5 years old, he doesn't remember exactly when he bought it. Any points of concern for that age range? He stated it may only have 4 hours on it, he couldn't remember. I'm bringing fresh fuel to start it, anything to look for? Thanks Smokin'- appreciate the input. JB

run it in some wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.