used Mansfield pricing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauer

Jan 27, 2009
SE WI
Hello everyone. First post for me but I have been lurking for quite some time now. There is a Mansfield for sale locally. He wants 2,500 for it witch is way to expensive since I can get one shipped to my door for three grand. I contacted him he said it was mint (how many times have ya heard that before) only 4 years old and comes with 6 ft of doublewall stovepipe, and a heatshield for the stove. I told him my budget is somewhere around 2 g's. Personally I believe the stove is only worth 1,500 depending on how MINT it is. I have is email and plan to contact him a couple weeks down the road with a lowerprice to see if he is intrested. My question is how much do you guys think a mint used mansfield is worth?

Assuming it's been used frequently during those 4 years, i'd say you are in line w/ your proposal. his asking price sounds a little high.

Thats what I thought also. Fair market value would be around 2 g's . I would like to pick it up for 15 to 18 hundred, at that price I wouldnt be getting a steal, just an honest price. It is the exact stove I was looking for, thats the only thing.

so much can happen in 1 year, let alone 4. You gotta see it, look at the tubes & baffle, see the door & bricks... if it's all glazed black inside, you have a good indicator to stay away or definitely low-ball.

And since it's soapstone, you need to not only look for cracks in the castings, but also in the stones themselves.

You really are being kinda reckless to offer anything without seeing it - could be a $1500 boat anchor if you're not careful.

Edit: ref here - https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/34139/

yeah thanks man. I would low ball him to see what his breaking point is. Then I would look it over good. I just want to see hw low he will go. Basically Im telling him what I am able to spend. Not an offer by any means

i think you're missing my point :) don't talk price at all until you look it over. Find what is good and bad, and factor that into the value of the stove. JonOfSunderland lucked out by not having spent a ton on his dilapidated stove. You get a "good price" out of this guy at $1500 and then it doesn't survive the drive home? or think you can talk him down twice? You're a better negotiator than me, i guess! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.